The Student Room Group

Which Region of the world/country has the best food?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
How about you get good quality chicken, and add strong spices to it to make it taste better? You can have both.

So UK food then.

It's sad that you don't have any tastebuds and would eat dry chicken, the chicken died in vain. The only time english chicken tastes good is if you flood it in gravy. M&S chicken tastes great because they make portuguese/American twists to the chicken and put good spices to good quality chicken. Das it mane.

dry chicken? who eats dry chicken? not the british.
Reply 41
Original post by cole-slaw
So UK food then.

That salt and pepper with a bit of gravy? Loving it.

dry chicken? who eats dry chicken? not the british.

Well maybe I've been to the wrong english households cos majority of English people can't cook food without any spice.

Said before american any day. Although like I said in the edit Lamb and high quality Steak are the only foods that require small seasoning(discounting bacon/eggs and those fry up foods). Fish and chips are good I guess.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
That salt and pepper with a bit of gravy? Loving it.

Well maybe I've been to the wrong english households cos majority of English people can't cook food without any spice.

Said before american any day. Although like I said in the edit Lamb and high quality Steak are the only foods that require small seasoning(discounting bacon/eggs and those fry up foods). Fish and chips are good I guess.

Clearly you have then, because the British are amongst the best cooks in the world.
Which, ironically, is exactly what you get.

Asian food is so ****ing dull. Rice or noodles, with greasy strings of low quality meat and about three types of vegetable. No decent beer, no decent wine, no decent meat, no decent cheese, no decent bread. Absolute dross.

Have you been to Asia or are you just describing your local takeaway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
Have you been to Asia or are you just describing your local takeaway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Name a decent Asian cheese, beer or wine.
Name a decent Asian cheese, beer or wine.

My question still stands: have you actually been to Asia?
Cheese, beer and wine are typically European foods. If that's the greatest your palette extends to, I think that's the problem rather than all "Asian" food being bland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
Haha Papa's chicken for me fam.

Bullshine. What City bro cos I was in liverpool for years and it was more inflated. I lived in the Centre tbf.

I went to visit Warwick. And in Coventry there's a shop that does it for 99p

3 wings and chips.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by reallydontknow
I went to visit Warwick. And in Coventry there's a shop that does it for 99p

3 wings and chips.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like man is gonna have to live in Coventry.
My question still stands: have you actually been to Asia?
Cheese, beer and wine are typically European foods. If that's the greatest your palette extends to, I think that's the problem rather than all "Asian" food being bland.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asian people drink beer, they just drink really **** beer, because they can't do any better.

Its very sad.
Asian people drink beer, they just drink really **** beer, because they can't do any better.

Its very sad.

And I'm guessing you found this out when you went to the one localised place that is Asia? :smile:
Lul what using wine, beer and cheese as a measure of good food? :rofl:
I'm a massive fan of Indian and Chinese, but only every so often.

Can't beat good old British Fish and Chips though
And I'm guessing you found this out when you went to the one localised place that is Asia? :smile:

No, I read the industry statistics.
Gambian food tho.
In my opinion Pakistan. There is a restaurant not far from my house called 'Lahore Express' and their food is delicious. Not too expensive as well.
authentic south asian cuisine for me, not the rubbish served in the takeaways but, proper homemade food. also indian sweets yuuuuum. apart from south asian food cant go wrong with fish and chips
1.Italian

2.Chinese

3.Nigerian

4.Mexican

5.Tie: American/Jamaican

6. Tie: British/Indian
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 57
I quite like Thai ngl
Original post by jam277
Haha Papa's chicken for me fam.

Bullshine. What City bro cos I was in liverpool for years and it was more inflated. I lived in the Centre tbf.

Bradford haha, true I'm living in Liverpool at the moment its expensive!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest