The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham uni international students

Hey, ill be going to durham in sept 2024 for msc in marketing. Im an international student. Any international students moving to durham.in 2024 wanna be friends?
Original post by bearable-fever
Hey, ill be going to durham in sept 2024 for msc in marketing. Im an international student. Any international students moving to durham.in 2024 wanna be friends?

Hiya

I'd suggest contacting the international officer of your region and ask if there are any offer-holder groups you can join: https://www.dur.ac.uk/directory/units/admin/global/international/

I was sent a Whatsapp group link by Durham when I was back in my home country and I made plenty of friends through it :smile:

-Himieka
(edited 2 months ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

I'd suggest contacting the international officer of your region and ask if there are any offer-holder groups you can join: https://www.dur.ac.uk/directory/units/admin/global/international/

I was sent a Whatsapp group link by Durham when I was back in my home country and I made plenty of friends through it :smile:

-Himieka

Hey, did they sent the link on their own or do you had to ask for one?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey, did they sent the link on their own or do you had to ask for one?

They sent it themselves but it ended up in my spam emails so maybe have a look there. But mine was 3 years ago and I'm not sure if they're still doing this so if you can't find a link, the international officer will be able to tell you whether there's a group you can join.

-Himieka
Original post by Durham Students
They sent it themselves but it ended up in my spam emails so maybe have a look there. But mine was 3 years ago and I'm not sure if they're still doing this so if you can't find a link, the international officer will be able to tell you whether there's a group you can join.

-Himieka

My course starts in Sept 2024, on the uni website it says that they will start contacting students in April.
but did some students receive the mail already?
Also, could you please tell me if the catered colleges vary in terms of food quality? and if they do which one is the best for vegetarians?
Original post by Anonymous #1
My course starts in Sept 2024, on the uni website it says that they will start contacting students in April.
but did some students receive the mail already?
Also, could you please tell me if the catered colleges vary in terms of food quality? and if they do which one is the best for vegetarians?

Hiya,

The food quality in catered colleges is generally the same, in terms of which is best for Vegetarians, they all have a selection of vegetarian options although the menus differ with each college so there isn't a college generally with better catering for vegetarians. St Marys college Instagram account does upload a copy of their menu if you'd like to have a look at that to get an idea of the selection 🙂
https://www.instagram.com/mouthful.of.marys?igsh=NGtyOWNnOXg2MXlh

Hope this helps!

-Ghala
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest