The Student Room Group

delete

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evening
You can blame Israel and Zionism for the rise in anti-semitism.

What's been the reason for past rises in anti semetism prior to the state of Israel coming into being?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Correlation doesn't equal effect, there is a correlation between the decline in pirates and rising global temperatures.Does that mean decline in number of pirates causes global warming, No.There has been anti semiticism in Europe for centuries before the increase in Muslim population here.
Reply 22
Original post by MatureStudent36
What's been the reason for past rises in anti semetism prior to the state of Israel coming into being?

Jewish banking. Left half of Europe poor in the middle ages and in the 20s.
Reply 23
yep, nearly every muslim i know hate jews and isreal for no reason
Original post by sdotd
yep, nearly every muslim i know hate jews and isreal for no reason

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are 1 billion muslims,I seriously doubt you know all of them, so you have no right to generalise. You do know zionism and Judaism aren't the same thing.I don't hate Jewish people and the majority of muslims don't.
The rise of Anti-Semitism would be more do with what Israel is doing in the Middle East which is angering Muslims and the anger becomes more persistent along with the times. It has nothing do with the increase in the population of Muslims. The correlation is there but is not a causation.
Reply 26
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
There are 1 billion muslims,I seriously doubt you know all of them, so you have no right to generalise. You do know zionism and Judaism aren't the same thing.I don't hate Jewish people and the majority of muslims don't.

Did I say I did? No I didn't.

I went to a majority muslim school and live in a muslim area and I know these people have negative views about jews and isreal. And the worse thing is they don't hide it at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sdotd
Did I say I did? No I didn't.

I went to a majority muslim school and live in a muslim area and I know these people have negative views about jews and isreal. And the worse thing is they don't hide it at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It really depends on what you mean by negative views.I'm muslim but I have nothing against Jews and Israel, but I am critical of Israeli behaviour in the Middle East.
Reply 28
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
It really depends on what you mean by negative views.I'm muslim but I have nothing against Jews and Israel, but I am critical of Israeli behaviour in the Middle East.

I know not all muslim have these views but a lot do.
Original post by Evening
Jewish banking. Left half of Europe poor in the middle ages and in the 20s.

Jewish banking?

The term you're looking for is usuary.

A well know. Link between that and anti semitism.
I do think that the rise in anti-semitism in modern times is mostly due to the actions of the state of Israel (such as the recent summer Gaza bombing campaign for instance). I do think that to interpret the actions of Israel, as representative of all Jews is very very absurd and narrow-minded. If anything there are probably more Jews that oppose Israel and its actions, than support it.

However in terms of Muslim behaviour in general, there is some anti-semitism flying around, however I do think that again it is due to the actions of Israel (especially as most muslims are quite sympathetic towards Palestine). The fact that most muslims are so narrow minded, to even think the actions of Israel represents all Jews really makes me quite frustrated as a muslim.
:lol:. Absolutely not.
What were the levels of Muslim immigration in to Europe in the 1930s and is this how Hitler was able to get support for Nazism?
We cannot claim all anti-Semitism comes from Muslims but, let's be honest, it is at least a little bit rife amongst Muslim communities.

Let's just say here was a conspicuous lack of Catholics, Hindus or Jedis protesting outside kosher shops during the last Palestine crisis. Because kosher = Zionist innit. Likewise George "What-did-Saddam-ever-do-to-you?" Galloway declaring Bradford an "Israeli-free zone", which wasn't at all a sop to his largely Muslim voter-base.

I don't mean to hate on Muslims, really. But when the majority of anti-Semitic attacks are carried out by a minority of the population (I won't say which minority), it probably bears commenting upon.
Original post by Rinsed

I don't mean to hate on Muslims, really. But when the majority of anti-Semitic attacks are carried out by a minority of the population (I won't say which minority), it probably bears commenting upon.

This. Muslims have had tense relationships with Jews for generations, but I suspect that in Europe some Muslims consider attacking Jews in Europe as some kind of justice for what Isreal does to Palestine.
No blame zionsim.
Reply 36
Original post by MatureStudent36
So the lesson learnt in that rant is, that although palestinians like firing rockets at Israel, Palestinians are unable to defend themselves from the retaliatory attacks that they know Israel will conduct.

It's almost as if palestinian authorities are happy to create a situation where their civilian population is killed to try and gain support.

Here's an idea. If the palestinians stopped firing rockets in the first place, they wouldn't get killed.

Hahaha, that wasn't a rant. That was me informing an ignorant fool on the truth of the matter. It appears that you also need an education if you're going to support terrorists and murderers.
Yeah thanks for telling me that mate, I'll make it happen. Here's another idea though. What if Israel stopped occupying Palestinian land? After all it does rightly belong to the Palestinians. The Israelis were only able to begin the occupation as a result of increasing funding that they're receiving from those American pigs. So you see if the Israelis just left and got their own land, then there definitely would be no problem.
Anyone who supports Zionism is a sick and twisted person.
Original post by Saraaaa
Hahaha, that wasn't a rant. That was me informing an ignorant fool on the truth of the matter. It appears that you also need an education if you're going to support terrorists and murderers.
Yeah thanks for telling me that mate, I'll make it happen. Here's another idea though. What if Israel stopped occupying Palestinian land? After all it does rightly belong to the Palestinians. The Israelis were only able to begin the occupation as a result of increasing funding that they're receiving from those American pigs. So you see if the Israelis just left and got their own land, then there definitely would be no problem.
Anyone who supports Zionism is a sick and twisted person.

I think it's fair to say that Israel isn't going anywhere.

Are you Muslim?
Reply 38
Original post by K1NG93
No blame zionsim.

Isn't that a contradictory nonsense? Anti-Semitism is prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews as a national, ethnic, religious or racial group. Zionists are a subset of the Jewish people. If you are blaming Zionists for the rise of hate crime against them, in effect, you are saying that Zionists deserve prejudicial hate against them as a group. That would logically make you an anti-Semite.

It is almost certainly the rise of the Muslim population in Europe and the fashionable rise of a vociferously assertive and intolerant type of Islam.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Evening
You can blame Israel and Zionism for the rise in anti-semitism.

You can't make that statement, and then claim anti-zionism and anti-semitism are separate things.

Either Jews and Israel are separate things, in which case Israel's actions are irrelevant to Jew-hatred, or they are not and your protestations about anti-zionism not being anti-semitic is dishonest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending