The Student Room Group

How will you vote?

Poll

Who has your vote...

As I come from quite a poor background, though my parents have managed to work their way up alot, I have always known I am a labour supporter...there are other reasons too which I'm not gonna bother typing.

I just have had quite a heated debate with a few flatmates, all who come from a typically well off family, and never realised how many people out age did support the Conservatives for more than just 'I don't like Blair' type reasons.

Just a quick poll anyway to see which way you lot are gonna swing at the next elections... also why you feel that way if you don't mind!:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Scottish Unionist Party for me
Reasoning - Standing up for the Union against the handwringers of the scottish labour party and the evil minions of the SNP.
I've voted Con locally but wouldn't in a general election, they haven't even told us what we'd be voting for, other than 'having a debate' on lots of things, so maybe Lib Dems.
Reply 3
Probably no one really. Even if they did have policies I like, what's the chances of them actually going through with them the way they say?
Reply 4
Depends on where I'm living and who's running there, I suppose.
Reply 5
A long way to go, I would vote Green if it were held tomorrow.
Reply 6
Green for me as well.
Reply 7
I'll be spoiling my ballot paper. No political party truly represents my political opinions - not that my vote means anything in this poxy ward, the Conservatives have held it for decades. It's unlikely to change until the abolision of the Tories.
I don't bother.
Reply 9
icantthinkofacoolusername
I don't bother.

You should - even if it's just to write gibberish on the paper. The act of voting is your ticket to being allowed to have a political opinion and criticise the government of the day. No vote - no right to complain. Even by spoiling the ballot paper, I'm casting my vote for "none of the above" and as such I morally have a right to disagree with the way the country is run.
Reply 10
Mad Vlad
You should - even if it's just to write gibberish on the paper. The act of voting is your ticket to being allowed to have a political opinion and criticise the government of the day. No vote - no right to complain. Even by spoiling the ballot paper, I'm casting my vote for "none of the above" and as such I morally have a right to disagree with the way the country is run.

But then how do we tell the government we don't like thinking and we want them to make all our decisions:confused:

:p:
Reply 11
Psyk
But then how do we tell the government we don't like thinking and we want them to make all our decisions:confused:

:p:

F**k off to France?
On a national level, I'm not sure -- I can't really decide out of the three main parties. But on a local level, I'd probably vote Green if they had a candidate standing.
Reply 13
Mad Vlad
I'll be spoiling my ballot paper. No political party truly represents my political opinions - not that my vote means anything in this poxy ward, the Conservatives have held it for decades. It's unlikely to change until the abolision of the Tories.

Exactly my thinking. In the national scale of things it will only ever be tory or laour and I would rather have labour than those scandalous, swindling, tory ******s!
Reply 14
wesetters
I tried it. Can't say i noticed much difference.

Alright then. America :rolleyes:
Bubblebee
Exactly my thinking. In the national scale of things it will only ever be tory or laour and I would rather have labour than those scandalous, swindling, tory ******s!

It's all about the lib dems. (Unless you live in the north or south east... but here in the south west it's all about lib dems anyway!)
Reply 16
Mad Vlad
Alright then. America :rolleyes:

Yay for the two party system! I can make my decision by flipping a coin.
Psyk
Yay for the two party system! I can make my decision by flipping a coin.

why bother doing that?
Just choose the first name on the ballot, saves you having to look all the way down it.
Reply 18
EdUniBear
Scottish Unionist Party for me
Reasoning - Standing up for the Union against the handwringers of the scottish labour party and the evil minions of the SNP.

I am tempted by them, but even where I am registered (in the West of Scotland) they are a pretty hopeless cause. Plus they seem a bit more Eurosceptic than I am.

Meanwhile I go for the other Unionist party, the Tories...

Bubblebee

You're 18. I doubt you even remember when we last had a Tory government.

Good old prejudice eh?

Personally I like scandal. As for swindle - I think only the Labour Party could ever be accused of that.
Reply 19
I will be voting Green.

I have very little confidence in the three 'big' parties.

Latest

Trending

Trending