The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Stranmillis offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student2312
Starting post primary in September :smile:
It was in one of the attachments, it's the one that asked you to list any schools you attended, work in or have close family member in so they can avoid placing you in these schools for your placements

Which subject?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Heyy, was just wondering if anyone doing Early years! I'm moving up to halls on my own.:s-smilie: Don't even know anyone who is going to Stran!
Technology and Design with (hopefully) maths as my subsidiary. Can you teach your subsidiary to GCSE level? I was looking at last years modules ect and a very small amount of time is spent on your subsidiary, so I'm not sure whether you can actually teach it after?
Technology and Design with (hopefully) maths as my subsidiary. Can you teach your subsidiary to GCSE level? I was looking at last years modules ect and a very small amount of time is spent on your subsidiary, so I'm not sure whether you can actually teach it after?

Of course you can teach it or else you wouldn't study it. You have to teach it on placement and be as competent in it as your main
Brilliant! I was exited about doing it then I saw there's only 2 modules on your subsidiary so I thought maybe you could only teach it to year 10 or something, is it GCSE you can teach it to?
Brilliant! I was exited about doing it then I saw there's only 2 modules on your subsidiary so I thought maybe you could only teach it to year 10 or something, is it GCSE you can teach it to?

You only have one module for your subsidiary the other bit is subject application which is part of your Personal and Professional learning module.
Course structures have changed this year for year 1 and 2 due to no January exams so your subsidiary runs all year
Yes you can teach it to GCSE
Hello!

Going to Stran full time this year to do Early Childhood Studies. Excited but scared!

Mature student at 33, and will be living at home as I have a 6 year old.

I'm freaking out over something..... I have a LOT of tattoos. Also pink hair but I can tone that down if necessary. Anyone any idea if the tatts would be an issue??
Original post by l'insegnante
I'm also I'm Derry lol!
Take it from an insider on the SSCC placement will be on Mondays!
Most primary get placed in their preferred county
I would recommend home, I'll detail why when I'm on the laptop and can type faster

Aw that's great to know, you've helped me decide on staying at home...at least for first year placements anyway!
Reply 228
Hi
Do you study post primary technology and design at Stranmillis?
Hi, I've an interview for Maths and Science with Education soon and I was wondering if you could give me any advice on questions, wardrobe? Any help would be appreciated!!
Reply 230
Hi
I noticed you're studying post primary tech at Stranmillis. I applied this year for both primary and post primary but got rejected for primary and an offer for post primary. I really wanted primary. How are you finding your course?
Original post by LauraElizabeth03
I have to get AAB to get into Primary!

Don't worry SAME!!!
I think it was extremely competitive this year
Has anyone received any stran offers for this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending