The Student Room Group

CCEA Religious Studies. GCSE and A-Level thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TiaLoren
Yeah we have about the same predictions for Ethics! I think Box 3 might be omitted this year - it hasn't been left out since 2010! I really hope that Contemporary Warfare doesn't come up as a 30marker... My teacher has been telling us to really revise it, but personally I think it's only going to be asked as a Part B question... What sort of Human Experience links are you making in your Synoptic Part B? :smile:

Ethics synoptic themes:
depends on the question really but key figures such as the Pope, people who stood up for human rights , examples of situations when people were in favour of the debate or against it eg: Cardinals in opposition to war (Church and state not co-eternal), the idea that the State can run without religious influence eg: Gay marriage passed in Ireland ect
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 41
Any predictions for Luke's Gospel (AS) and Ethics (AS)?
Reply 42
Predictions for Celtic Church and Acts, both A2....Also synoptic?
Original post by biotech
Im doing A2 4- Early Church History and A2 6- Ethics in society. I didnt make notes all year just did all the essays part A's and Part B's. I feel that you cannot predict only 1 essay from every box as the cycle breaks but for Ethics here it is: Virtue ethics or Conscience, Feminism or nature and history of human rights with refernce to UDHR, the ecological debate or moral issues surrounding world poverty, pacifism or Ethical views on contemporary warfare, Christian/ethical views on purpose of punishment or views on capital punishment. Dont see the need to write predictions for Early Church as nobody seems to be doing it, but the key to doing well this year is having a wide range of human experience, knowing the boxes you are doing in and out (im only doing 3 of 5 for each) and nailing synoptic down with solid links. P.S dont learn just my predictions lol and the box which i feel isn't coming up due to pattern is: justice and punishment but hopefully its environmental ethics! I made a question up for contemporary warfare on the ethical issues but according to my teacher she claims that at a meeting it can only come up as a part B and thats what they feel will happen this year. Just giving tips that hopefully help haha

Any idea for Church History A2?
Reply 44
Original post by Naomi 2709
Any idea for Church History?
Early Church A2 predictions include 2 for each box: 1)general features of church worship or early chrsitian teaching on sin and repentance. 2)marcionism or gnosticism. 3) not doing it as creeds is most likely to not come up in the pattern. 4) should be tertullian but learn origen as well. 5)the course of nicaea or arianism as cause of nicaea. However as we know the pattern does not always work eg: justin instead of ignatius last year
Anybody else absolutely screwed for Acts next Thursday?
What are people's thoughts then on this luke paper a2 ?
[QUOTE="biotech;64722869"]
Original post by Naomi 2709
Any idea for Church History?
Early Church A2 predictions include 2 for each box: 1)general features of church worship or early chrsitian teaching on sin and repentance. 2)marcionism or gnosticism. 3) not doing it as creeds is most likely to not come up in the pattern. 4) should be tertullian but learn origen as well. 5)the course of nicaea or arianism as cause of nicaea. However as we know the pattern does not always work eg: justin instead of ignatius last year

The advice I give my students when answering 10 mark questions is that they should give three arguments 'for' the statements, three arguments 'against' the statement and then their own opinion supported by an argument. You might find that you can only get two arguments for one side, and that's okay as long as you give both sides and your own opinion. When answering the question also make sure to explain the point you are making.
Good luck for Monday!
Reply 49
A2 Acts Predictions?
Reply 50
Original post by spickering532
The advice I give my students when answering 10 mark questions is that they should give three arguments 'for' the statements, three arguments 'against' the statement and then their own opinion supported by an argument. You might find that you can only get two arguments for one side, and that's okay as long as you give both sides and your own opinion. When answering the question also make sure to explain the point you are making.
Good luck for Monday!

Any predictions GCSE (Catholic Church)
Reply 51
Can someone tell me the A2 Acts part A synoptic question please?
Original post by Kav11
Can someone tell me the A2 Acts part A synoptic question please?

We obviously don't know it yet lol but probably Questions or Key Ideas.
Reply 53
Original post by JQLeitch
We obviously don't know it yet lol but probably Questions or Key Ideas.

Wait whaaat? I thought they released section b part a months in advance?
What is the ideal length for a part A and part B response? - A2
Any predictions for GCSE Catholic Church or Ethics
Original post by Jellybean18
What is the ideal length for a part A and part B response? - A2

Most of my part A's are two, three pages at most and my part B's are always a page written
Original post by CeallachM
Most of my part A's are two, three pages at most and my part B's are always a page written

Yeah our teacher has told us to write 3 half pages and two for part b but I never seem
To get that much written so I think it's a bit unrealistic. My hand will be gone by the end of this exam
Original post by Jellybean18
Yeah our teacher has told us to write 3 half pages and two for part b but I never seem
To get that much written so I think it's a bit unrealistic. My hand will be gone by the end of this exam

The lined pages we will get in the exams are more spaced out than the normal writing pages so you will be able to write three pages no hassle!
Original post by CeallachM

Are you doing Lukes gospel ? And if so any ideas as to what might pop up :smile:?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending