The Student Room Group

Got a 3rd in an exam...

Hi,
I'm in my first year at uni and I just got the results for one of my lit exams.... I got a third. I worked SO hard for my exams over Christmas and so I'm really disappointed. Although it doesn't go towards my final degree classification my confidence has been knocked so much. I literally feel sick.

I don't get the results of my other exams until another two weeks and so I'm just so scared that I've done just as badly (or even worse) in those. Help.
Original post by SeventeenSeconds
Hi,
I'm in my first year at uni and I just got the results for one of my lit exams.... I got a third. I worked SO hard for my exams over Christmas and so I'm really disappointed. Although it doesn't go towards my final degree classification my confidence has been knocked so much. I literally feel sick.

I don't get the results of my other exams until another two weeks and so I'm just so scared that I've done just as badly (or even worse) in those. Help.

Something like this happened to me in first year (Economics, and I completely failed the exam) so I made an appointment to see the lecturer (easier said than done, sadly) who referred me on to the marker, who went through my paper with me and explained what I'd done wrong and how to improve next time.
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Something like this happened to me in first year (Economics, and I completely failed the exam) so I made an appointment to see the lecturer (easier said than done, sadly) who referred me on to the marker, who went through my paper with me and explained what I'd done wrong and how to improve next time.

Yeah when I got the marks I was handed the paper back and she'd written stuff on it but I can't even remember what any of it said, I think it's all a bit of a blur to be honest. I think they put our transcripts online though in a few weeks so I can look at it again then. I just feel so frustrated!
Anyone else offer any advice? Did this happen to anyone else? Did you end up doing badly for the rest of your degree or did you improve? I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I get the rest of my results :/
Original post by SeventeenSeconds
Yeah when I got the marks I was handed the paper back and she'd written stuff on it but I can't even remember what any of it said, I think it's all a bit of a blur to be honest. I think they put our transcripts online though in a few weeks so I can look at it again then. I just feel so frustrated!

There's no shame in it being a blur. Make an appointment to spend half an hour going thigh it. Bring a notebook and pen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending