The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

First Year Results

Got my results back today and ended up getting all Bs and one C which is much better than I expected. Compared to my first exams which I didn’t try for (depression, being alone etc) where I got ADD grades. I think overall I will achieve a C grade or a 2.2 for first year. As first year is weighted at only 7.5% will it be possible for me to turn this around in 2nd and 3rd year to get a 2.1 at least?
Reply 1
Some1 pls help me Im literally on the verge of kms. My original plan was to get a first (so ~70% for both year 2 and 3 each) but I don’t think that’s possible anymore unless I study really hard
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
Got my results back today and ended up getting all Bs and one C which is much better than I expected. Compared to my first exams which I didn’t try for (depression, being alone etc) where I got ADD grades. I think overall I will achieve a C grade or a 2.2 for first year. As first year is weighted at only 7.5% will it be possible for me to turn this around in 2nd and 3rd year to get a 2.1 at least?

I never liked the university education in the UK, it is overly exam based and not an ideal way to assess a student's abilities. I would 100% choose a college education in the US if I could afford it. All my friends who did their degree in the US had a great time and achieved great results. They all say that American education is super fun and easy. The college assessment in the US is continuous, it consists of attendance, courseworks, quizzes, small tests and presentations, NOT ONE major exam that determines your fate.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

7.5% is a small weighting, even getting just about a 2.1 in 2nd and 3rd year will be enough to pull it up to a 2.1 as they have much higher weightings.
Original post by blade000
I never liked the university education in the UK, it is overly exam based and not an ideal way to assess a student's abilities. I would 100% choose a college education in the US if I could afford it. All my friends who did their degree in the US had a great time and achieved great results. They all say that American education is super fun and easy. The college assessment in the US is continuous, it consists of attendance, courseworks, quizzes, small tests and presentations, NOT ONE major exam that determines your fate.

I understand disliking exam based assessments and having exams heavily weighted, but surely you wouldn’t want a fun and easy education. You will get much less out of that, it’s much better to be pushed and in an environment where it’s tough but once it’s finished you’ll feel accomplished and proud.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending