The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
From April 2005 sperm donors in England were no longer paid. Sorry!

Also, you no longer have the right to anonymity. Do you really want an 18 year old turning up on your doorstep when you're just starting your own family?
It shouldn't be allowed anyway.
Talya
From April 2005 sperm donors in England were no longer paid. Sorry!

Also, you no longer have the right to anonymity. Do you really want an 18 year old turning up on your doorstep when you're just starting your own family?

Ouch yeah. Huge problemo.

I personally wouldn't date a sperm donar.
Because making babies should be about spreading the love, and it ain't love sperm donors are spreading.
Reply 5
Princess_Peach

LOL! I wouldn't NOT date one, but I did strongly encourage my boyfriend not to.

He went off the idea as soon as he found out you don't get paid anymore though! Student, eh?
Reply 6
matt@internet
Because making babies should be about spreading the love, and it ain't love sperm donors are spreading.

They are helping along the love between 2 people who can't have children with the man's sperm...?
darkfairy
Why not?

Because I wouldn't like the baggage turning up when we started our own family.

matt@internet

I believe making babies should be about love so you could say I agree :smile:
Fine it should be about spreading YOUR OWN love about. All he's spreading is a gooey mess.
Reply 9
More cons than pros to this, try helping out on xmas german markets and beer kellars tend to pay good money around this time.
Reply 10
matt@internet

What if it helps an in-fertile couple to have a child in a loving home? Isn't that "spreading the love"?

I think the going rate was only £20 anyway and i don't know if you were aware but they place a rod in a certain orifice to "milk" the prostate.
G4ry
What if it helps an in-fertile couple to have a child in a loving home? Isn't that "spreading the love"?

I think the going rate was only £20 anyway and i don't know if you were aware but they place a rod in a certain orifice to "milk" the prostate.

I thought you just wanked in a cup? My how times have changed :p:
Princess_Peach
Ouch yeah. Huge problemo.

and how would you know if they're a sperm donar...

(doesnt just frequently come up...)
paperclip
and how would you know if they're a sperm donar...

(doesnt just frequently come up...)

Good point. I think its the man's duty to tell a potential partner if he's donated sperm. It's reasonably foreseeable that it would matter to a lot of women.
Princess_Peach
Good point. I think its the man's duty to tell a potential partner if he's donated sperm. It's reasonably foreseeable that it would matter to a lot of women.

if a long term relationship then yeah but if they are in LOVE then isnt it abit shallow if he says that then she leaves him?
Reply 15
matt@internet
It shouldn't be allowed anyway.

Sperm donation shouldn't be allowed? Why the hell not?

If I get to making babies and find I'm infertile then I'll be hella grateful for some nice dude loaning me his sperm.
Fleece

If I get to making babies and find I'm infertile then I'll be hella grateful for some nice dude loaning me his sperm.

i agree with you 100%

its still spreading the love...
Reply 17

Nuh-uh, matt@internet is officially in charge of deciding who gets to reproduce.
paperclip
if a long term relationship then yeah but if they are in LOVE then isnt it abit shallow if he says that then she leaves him?

My point is that he should tell her before the love stage. And likewise, she should tell him if she has donated eggs. Although this is less common.

darkfairy
Fair enough. I was thinking of anonymous donors.

The procedure is not anonymous anymore (at least under English law).
Reply 19
You don't get paid for it anymore?
Well there goes the career that combines all my hobbies and interests.

Latest

Trending

Trending