The Student Room Group

UK Sutton Trust Summer School

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Invest
have any universities replied via email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think all responses will be through the post.
Original post by B.Lakeland
I got into Physics at Durham!!!

Same :smile:
Reply 642
does post get delivered on Sunday? Quite a few people have recieved replies from Bristol & I don't think I can wait any longer for mine :frown:
Original post by Lainathiel
I just asked if you had heard anything, but scrap that, you just posted! Sorry! :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha dw as soon as I find out I'll post here!
Original post by Lyonnesse
People who have already been accepted, how many of the eligibility criteria did you meet? Worried I don't meet enough:frown:

I got in not meeting any criteria, I got 9As and A*s, but i dont think they were specifically looking for grades.
My mum went to University, and I am not on benefits or any of the other "income" criteria.

It depends where you applied for, it seems; someone told my friend that Cambridge is more competitive than the actual application process in September!

It looks like it just is where you apply to and how many other people did For Durham, 1400 people applied for 300 spaces!
Good luck to you anyway!
Still haven't heard anything from RVC and I don't know anyone else who's applied:/
If you applied to Bristol & letters have not arrived -
we've also had an email from their team so check your email in case it's there. It's just an email welcoming us & giving us the return address to post forms back to.
Original post by Indigo.Brownhall

Cambridge is more competitive than the actual application process in September!

Haha. Ahaha. *cries*
Original post by Lyonnesse
People who have already been accepted, how many of the eligibility criteria did you meet? Worried I don't meet enough:frown:

I meet the first in family to go to uni, 5A or A* at GCSE, and I come from an area that's poor and nobody goes to uni.
Not had FSM, go to a great school (where I had to sit a 3 hour exam to get in, top 60 of 450+), and I've not been in care.
Pleaseeeeeeee say Bristol hasn't sent anything yet T-T I'm stressed with all my friends getting their letters already, getting in would be the ultimate pick-me-up for exams and motivation :biggrin:
I got in for Computer Science at Durham. I was so shocked so many people deserve it more than me.
Reply 651
Original post by OldhamLad97
Pleaseeeeeeee say Bristol hasn't sent anything yet T-T I'm stressed with all my friends getting their letters already, getting in would be the ultimate pick-me-up for exams and motivation :biggrin:

I'm in the same boat as you! Really hope I got into Bristol :frown:
what subject did you apply for? :smile:
Medicine and Dentistry, the benefits of Bristol for it just outweighed the rest :smile:
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 653
Medicine and Dentistry, the benefits of Bristol for it just outweighed the rest :smile:
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Law - the fact that people have already gotten letters and emails from Bristol is worrying because I haven't gotten anything :/
Eep, I was hoping no one had got one
Well hopefully they'll send letters for getting in and not getting in soon :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 655
Eep, I was hoping no one had got one
Well hopefully they'll send letters for getting in and not getting in soon :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, although I've also applied to a summer school in Liverpool. I really want to go to this summer school at Bristol - as the activities for Law seem really cool (& you get work experience at a law firm apparently - great for ucas!)
I've only managed to get one summer school sorted I've got holiday and NCS for DofE to do
But I've got a load of care volunteering ready and about to start at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from UCL yet?
Original post by ThatPerson2
Has anyone heard back from UCL yet?

nope :frown:
Original post by CBftw
has anyone had a reply from Bristol yet? The suspense is killing me :frown:

I'm still awaitng a reponse as well. I know that offers were posted out this week (around Wednesday as I tweeted @BristolUG)
Good luck though!!

Quick Reply

Latest