The Student Room Group

UK Sutton Trust Summer School

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I'll be Bach
My friend hasn't heard either. I really think I haven't gotten in :frown: what did you get last year?

It's annoying how they've not even told us that we've been rejected :s-smilie: I imagine we'll get a letter at some point in the next few days. What did you apply for? :smile:

I got 8 As at Nat 5 last year and met most of the criteria (EMA, free school meals, first generation uni) apart from the ACORN thing cause apparently my area is quite rich. I'm not sure how that was calculated though, seeing as I'm from a pretty deprived area near Stirling haha...
Original post by chopinfan
It's annoying how they've not even told us that we've been rejected :s-smilie: I imagine we'll get a letter at some point in the next few days. What did you apply for? :smile:

I got 8 As at Nat 5 last year and met most of the criteria (EMA, free school meals, first generation uni) apart from the ACORN thing cause apparently my area is quite rich. I'm not sure how that was calculated though, seeing as I'm from a pretty deprived area near Stirling haha...

I applied for Modern Languages with International Relations and I know!

I got 4 A's 2 B's and 2 C's (both two marks off B's) last year but I'm predicted 5 A's this year and I'm doing 4 AH's next year. I have a lot of extra curriculars as well. I didn't meet much of the criteria and I'm not really expecting a place, especially as I live near the uni, but I at least want to hear back! It's ridiculous because I've got a singing exam I need to apply for pretty much now that I can only do if I don't get in.
I applied for Modern Languages with International Relations and I know!

I got 4 A's 2 B's and 2 C's (both two marks off B's) last year but I'm predicted 5 A's this year and I'm doing 4 AH's next year. I have a lot of extra curriculars as well. I didn't meet much of the criteria and I'm not really expecting a place, especially as I live near the uni, but I at least want to hear back! It's ridiculous because I've got a singing exam I need to apply for pretty much now that I can only do if I don't get in.

Well done!! :biggrin: And wow 4 AH's :eek: What subjects did you pick? I'll probably do 3 AH's next year.

Ah that's annoying, have you tried emailing them?
Well done!! :biggrin: And wow 4 AH's :eek: What subjects did you pick? I'll probably do 3 AH's next year.

Ah that's annoying, have you tried emailing them?

I phoned earlier but they weren't any help. I'm taking AH Music, Drama, German and Modern Studies. What are you taking?
I phoned earlier but they weren't any help. I'm taking AH Music, Drama, German and Modern Studies. What are you taking?

I'm not completely sure but either AH Maths, Physics & Chemistry or AH Maths, Biology & Chemistry. I took Nat 5 Music and loved it, so I might also do Higher Music next year. Did you do the new higher for music or the old one? :smile:
I'm not completely sure but either AH Maths, Physics & Chemistry or AH Maths, Biology & Chemistry. I took Nat 5 Music and loved it, so I might also do Higher Music next year. Did you do the new higher for music or the old one? :smile:

Old higher. And wow that sounds tough. What did you apply for?
Old higher. And wow that sounds tough. What did you apply for?

Medicine and physics & astronomy. I still don't know what to study at uni haha, do you have any idea?
nothing from ucl....

the deadline was yesterday:angry:
Original post by Lauren.12
Still nothing:/

Surely when they make a deadline they have to stick to it?! we have to stick to ours :mad:
Original post by yasmin#2
nothing from ucl....

the deadline was yesterday:angry:

The deadline for everywhere was today. I've not heard from St Andrews either :frown:
Does anyone know what email address i can use to ask them about my application??
The deadline for everywhere was today. I've not heard from St Andrews either :frown:

its so annoying :frown:

good luck though
Original post by yasmin#2
its so annoying :frown:

good luck though

I know it's ridiculous. People heard back on Wednesday for the same course. Good luck to you too!!
Original post by Danielleegolds
Surely when they make a deadline they have to stick to it?! we have to stick to ours :mad:

That's exactly what I was thinking.. If I still haven't got anything tomorrow I'm going to try tweeting to the rvc
Original post by Lauren.12
That's exactly what I was thinking.. If I still haven't got anything tomorrow I'm going to try tweeting to the rvc

Yeah i didn't think of tweeting that's a good idea!
Original post by Sarah644
Ohhhhh same here! Where are you travelling from? (Not to sound creepy)

South west Scotland, basically the middle of nowhere! Yourself? :smile:
Just got my reply from UCL, I got in! :biggrin:

Check your emails, you may have got in.
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Just got my reply from UCL, I got in! :biggrin:

Check your emails, you may have got in.

Just got mine! I got in too :biggrin:
Original post by ThatPerson2
Just got mine! I got in too :biggrin:

Yay! :smile: What did you apply for again? :L
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Yay! :smile: What did you apply for again? :L