The Student Room Group

UK Sutton Trust Summer School

Scroll to see replies

To anyone applying to Nottingham, I called them up yesterday and they said they're still going over applications and we won't hear back until the end of the month.
Has anyone applied for the RVC for vet med
Bump
Just got a rejection e-mail from University of Edinburgh and I took it pretty hard :frown: but good luck to everyone else and their application!
Every time I get the survey email from them it kills me a little inside because I get excited and think it's from Imperial
Original post by Pentaquark
I got sent this on 1st of April for anyone wondering about when Cambridge will make decisions.
"Thank you for applying to the Sutton Trust Summer Schools at the University of Cambridge.
We have now received your application from the Sutton Trust and will be spending the next few weeks making our selections. We intend to inform all applicants of our decision on the 25 April so please make sure that you check this email address regularly." :colondollar: A day before my birthday!

I seriously cannot wait for the summer:angry:

Yeah I applied for engineering at Cambridge and got the same email too! It sounds so awesome!
If any of Notts squad have any questions for ambassadors or the Summer School team please PM me or quote this post and I'll try my best to get them answered tomorrow at my reunion 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samanthayates98
Just got a rejection e-mail from University of Edinburgh and I took it pretty hard :frown: but good luck to everyone else and their application!

What did it say in the email?

I'm sorry about the rejection but you can always get into an amazing uni anyway :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What did it say in the email?

I'm sorry about the rejection but you can always get into an amazing uni anyway :smile:

It just thanked me for my application but then said "I am sorry to inform you that I am unable to offer you a place at the summer school. We had over 400 applicants for 120 places, so many people have to be disappointed, I'm afraid."
It just thanked me for my application but then said "I am sorry to inform you that I am unable to offer you a place at the summer school. We had over 400 applicants for 120 places, so many people have to be disappointed, I'm afraid."

Oh God that makes me so scared about mine. The lady said they had a 1000 applicants or something :/
Oh God that makes me so scared about mine. The lady said they had a 1000 applicants or something :/

What subject and university did you apply to? Also how many of the four eligibility criterias did you cover? I only covered 2/4 where as successful candidates cover 3 or more :frown:
What subject and university did you apply to? Also how many of the four eligibility criterias did you cover? I only covered 2/4 where as successful candidates cover 3 or more :frown:

Languages and Culture at Nottingham.

So I have the parents didn't go to uni, I come from an area of low progression and I have over 5 A/A*s.

Which ones did you meet?
Languages and Culture at Nottingham.

So I have the parents didn't go to uni, I come from an area of low progression and I have over 5 A/A*s.

Which ones did you meet?

I have my parent's didn't go to university and I'm in receipt of the student bursary. I also got 5A/A*s at GCSE but I'm not sure if they counted that one...
I have my parent's didn't go to university and I'm in receipt of the student bursary. I also got 5A/A*s at GCSE but I'm not sure if they counted that one...

That is weird... :/
That is weird... :/

I guess it is but whatever, I can't change their decision. However, they should make it more clear what their eligibility criterias are and what they put emphasis on...
I guess it is but whatever, I can't change their decision. However, they should make it more clear what their eligibility criterias are and what they put emphasis on...

It doesn't matter now I guess but that still won't stop you from applying..
Bump
Has anyone heard anything? I'm starting to panic..
Has anyone heard anything? I'm starting to panic..

They still have until the 5th of May or something, no reason to be worried just yet
Original post by AlphaQuark
They still have until the 5th of May or something, no reason to be worried just yet

Still panicking.

Quick Reply

Latest