The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - June 22nd, 2015 [Exam discusison thread]

Scroll to see replies

Are there any topics which are in the new syllabus but weren't in the old syllabus for S2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Are there any topics which are in the new syllabus but weren't in the old syllabus for S2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

New? Old? The syllabus hasn't changed since 2000 (first paper June 2001).
Original post by tiny hobbit
New? Old? The syllabus hasn't changed since 2000 (first paper June 2001).

Oh, I thought the syllabus changed in 2008 but that might just be for some of the other modules? Only asking since I did a few papers from 2008 and there wasn't anything on sampling distributions in them (the ones where you need to list all possible samples)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, I thought the syllabus changed in 2008 but that might just be for some of the other modules? Only asking since I did a few papers from 2008 and there wasn't anything on sampling distributions in them (the ones where you need to list all possible samples)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, they thought of that a few years back as a question they could ask, and have been enthusiastically asking it ever since.
Original post by tiny hobbit
Yes, they thought of that a few years back as a question they could ask, and have been enthusiastically asking it ever since.

Ah, I see thanks - are there any other topics/areas which are now popping up that weren't before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey anyone know where I can find the S1 thread?
I'm currently taking a gap year so im learning it myself and these threads are really helpful
thanks
Reply 46
Original post by Bustamove
Hey anyone know where I can find the S1 thread?
I'm currently taking a gap year so im learning it myself and these threads are really helpful
thanks

Search for it using Google, and if there isn't one make it yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
What Sort of stage are people at in terms of content covered over the 3 books? I'm slightly worried my teacher is moving too slow
Original post by 0lds0uls
What Sort of stage are people at in terms of content covered over the 3 books? I'm slightly worried my teacher is moving too slow

Which three books?? Like as in modules?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0lds0uls

You really should be finished now. Try learn some yourself if possible and start exam practice as soon as possible. Ask your teacher to hurry up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offtopic but for an A* in maths, can you have C1-C4 plus 2AS modules or does one of them need to be an A2 module?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offtopic but for an A* in maths, can you have C1-C4 plus 2AS modules or does one of them need to be an A2 module?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah you can have 2 AS modules.
Original post by rayquaza17
Nah you can have 2 AS modules.

Alright, cheers, that's good to know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the difference between actual significance level and level of significance ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the difference between actual significance level and level of significance ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like say we want a 5% significance (so that's the level of significance), but if we use the tables the closest we can get to that might be like 4.5%, which is the actual significance.
I'm so screwed for this exam as they're making me take it in yr12. I defo know the yr13's are gonna raise grade boundaries :frown:
Original post by Chellecharity
I'm so screwed for this exam as they're making me take it in yr12. I defo know the yr13's are gonna raise grade boundaries :frown:

Dw Yr 13s in my school wont do particularly well in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Dw Yr 13s in my school wont do particularly well in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lolll appreciate the sympathy
Original post by rayquaza17
Like say we want a 5% significance (so that's the level of significance), but if we use the tables the closest we can get to that might be like 4.5%, which is the actual significance.

From the textbook though I'm getting the impression that:
Actual significance=probability of rejecting H0
Level of significance= probability of incorrectly rejecting H0 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
From the textbook though I'm getting the impression that:
Actual significance=probability of rejecting H0
Level of significance= probability of incorrectly rejecting H0 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When it rejects H0 that probability on the distribution is the actual significance as we can improve the testing if you understand what I am saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending