The Student Room Group

Catch up television

Hi all, I have to do research for university surrounding catch up tv and would really appreciate it if you answer the following questions.
What is it you find useful about catch up tv?
A lot of my friends prefer BBC Iplayer over ITV Player and 40D. Do you agree with this? If so, what are your reasons?
Would you say there any disadvantages to catch up tv? If so, what are they?
Do you have any programmes you prefer to watch on catch up tv? If so, which ones?
Do you download programmes from BBC Iplayer, ITV Player etc?

Thanks.
In catch up tv you can skip all the adverts. To me, they are extremely annoying on itv as they always go to an ad break at the most dramatic part:angry:

I prefer bbc iplayer over itv player or 40d as there are no ads

Disadvantages in catch up tv is if you are watching on the internet, the programme can buffer or you can use up all your space if you are recording a programme on tv

I usually record programmes if they clash with one another

I don't download anything from bbc iplayer etc.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by maxi95
Hi all, I have to do research for university surrounding catch up tv and would really appreciate it if you answer the following questions.
What is it you find useful about catch up tv?
A lot of my friends prefer BBC Iplayer over ITV Player and 40D. Do you agree with this? If so, what are your reasons?
Would you say there any disadvantages to catch up tv? If so, what are they?
Do you have any programmes you prefer to watch on catch up tv? If so, which ones?
Do you download programmes from BBC Iplayer, ITV Player etc?

Thanks.

1. Being able to watch TV at Uni.
2. No, I mostly watch shows on 40D.
3. Poor quality stream sometimes, adverts, buffering.
4. N/A
5. I didn't know you could?
Reply 3
What is it you find useful about catch up tv? Being able to catch-up on shows I've missed while I'm out at work, with friends etc.
A lot of my friends prefer BBC Iplayer over ITV Player and 40D. Do you agree with this? If so, what are your reasons? Yes. Simply because there are no adverts.
Would you say there any disadvantages to catch up tv? If so, what are they? Not particularly, but the quality is sometimes poor.
Do you have any programmes you prefer to watch on catch up tv? If so, which ones? Anything I've missed!
Do you download programmes from BBC Iplayer, ITV Player etc? No. I merely stream them.

Quick Reply

Latest