The Student Room Group

Feeling tired in the evening

How can I stop myself from feeling really tired at around 7-8 pm, after which I feel I cannot study or do anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
An espresso is the answer to all your prayers my friend.
Drink plenty of water during the day,make sure you nap also when you can in the afternoon
Caffeine tablets work for me.
Reply 4
Sleep properly at night. Take fairly regular breaks, chill for a bit. Drink water. Don't break out caffeine and red bull until nearer exams when you're desperate.
Reply 5
I take a nap straight after school if I feel tired. I would wake up at 9 then just stay awake for most of the night.
Reply 6
Original post by Zachary T-H
An espresso is the answer to all your prayers my friend.

I really wish it was. Caffeine doesn't have an effect on me, be it coffee, redbull or anything else :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by amberskye
Caffeine tablets work for me.

Where do you buy them from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blyts-_
Where do you buy them from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boots :smile:
Original post by Blyts-_
I really wish it was. Caffeine doesn't have an effect on me, be it coffee, redbull or anything else :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ritalin (ADHD medication) will keep you up if you can get a prescription
I am very much the same and I will have a nap after I've eaten and set an alarm. After that I'll start homework/revision.
Reply 11
Original post by amberskye
Boots :smile:

Thanks, do you have the name of the brand? :smile:
Original post by Blyts-_
Thanks, do you have the name of the brand? :smile:

I think there were lots of different ones, but I bought Boots own brand because they're the cheapest - these http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Energy-Plus-48-Tablets-_127747/
Reply 13
Original post by Zachary T-H
Ritalin (ADHD medication) will keep you up if you can get a prescription

Tbh, I don't think I would be able to get one with my 'condition'
Reply 14
Get more sleep, exercise more, eat better foods and please don't take moronic advice about Ritalin
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jasonpt
Get more sleep, exercise more, eat better foods and please don't moronic advice about getting hold of Ritalin.

Ritalins a stimulent so will keep u up so how is that moroncik
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
Ritalins a stimulent so will keep u up so how is that moroncik

Seriously? Ritalin is a prescription drug, it is literally an amphetamine made by a pharmaceutical company. You need to know the exact dosage to take and how many times to take it, its a mornoic idea because it has the potential to cause heart attacks and is also addictive. You be the judge....
Original post by Jasonpt
Seriously? Ritalin is a prescription drug, it is literally an amphetamine made by a pharmaceutical company. You need to know the exact dosage to take and how many times to take it, its a mornoic idea because it has the potential to cause heart attacks and is also addictive. You be the judge....

Im im not addicted to it and it's worked

Quick Reply

Latest