The Student Room Group

Does this make me a paedophile

I'm 16 and my girlfriend is 15. She is just as interested as me in being sexually active and she instigates it a lot, I try to resist but she pulls me in, what should I do ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Can you do this?
I'm 16 and my girlfriend is 15. She is just as interested as me in being sexually active and she instigates it a lot, I try to resist but she pulls me in, what should I do ?

No.
Original post by Borgia
No.

I didn't think so either cause I think legal I could be classed as that which makes me sick to the stomach cause I'm far from that label
If you have sex with a minor then yes you're doing something wrong. Just say NO!
is this what TSR has come to :doh:
Original post by queen-bee
If you have sex with a minor then yes you're doing something wrong. Just say NO!

We haven't had full sex and I don't intend to untill she's 16 which isn't difficult for me
It is a genuine concern of his, don't belittle him for trying to stay on the right side of the law.
I would refrain from having sex till she is 16 and if she can't wait dump her for being insatiable. Don't ever feel pressured into having sex when you know you will be vilified for it
Original post by natharprp
It is a genuine concern of his, don't belittle him for trying to stay on the right side of the law.
I would refrain from having sex till she is 16 and if she can't wait dump her for being insatiable. Don't ever feel pressured into having sex when you know you will be vilified for it

Nah we've said we will wait for the big thing till she's 16 but I've never felt a connection to a girl like this compared with past relationships and I really didn't post this to be silly I want genuine advice ect because I'm probably not the only one in this situation
Paedophilia is the preference with regards to sexual attraction for pre-pubescent children. Not teenagers who are capable of giving birth. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being attracted to them, lots of adult men are, yes, even 70 year olds. To act upon those attractions though is wrong as at that age they're typically too immature to fully understand the nature of sex and the implications of it. If that sounds patronising to you and you think you too are mature enough for that then do it despite what the law says. That said, I can't imagine many at that age would be braced for sex and the trust necessary for the act...
No, google the criteria for it.
However if you have sex with her you would be committing a crime.
Reply 10
having sex if she is under 16 = illegal
over = legal

You shouldnt be lured into something you dont want to do. Plant your feet firmly in the ground. You dont want to be in a position where it bites you in the ass. If you have agreed to wait then thats good - if she doesnt i agree of not seeing her anymore

Also - is it just me that still finds; as soon as you and your gf turn 16 you have to have sex, weird and stupid? I mean no offence but like isnt relationships more than sex? Why does it always turn to that? It can have other consequences too - again i am sorry if im offending any of you - just my thoughts hahah
There is nothing immoral about having sex with someone a year younger than you. It might be illegal but there's almost no way you'll be prosecuted for it and it is a stupid law. Ignore it.
Original post by TheEccentric
There is nothing immoral about having sex with someone a year younger than you. It might be illegal but there's almost no way you'll be prosecuted for it and it is a stupid law. Ignore it.

I totally agree to an extent thanks !!
Original post by TorpidPhil
Paedophilia is the preference with regards to sexual attraction for pre-pubescent children. Not teenagers who are capable of giving birth. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being attracted to them, lots of adult men are, yes, even 70 year olds. To act upon those attractions though is wrong as at that age they're typically too immature to fully understand the nature of sex and the implications of it. If that sounds patronising to you and you think you too are mature enough for that then do it despite what the law says. That said, I can't imagine many at that age would be braced for sex and the trust necessary for the act...
there is no problems between us, it's just society and law stopping us
Original post by Nemo.1
having sex if she is under 16 = illegal
over = legal

You shouldnt be lured into something you dont want to do. Plant your feet firmly in the ground. You dont want to be in a position where it bites you in the ass. If you have agreed to wait then thats good - if she doesnt i agree of not seeing her anymore

Also - is it just me that still finds; as soon as you and your gf turn 16 you have to have sex, weird and stupid? I mean no offence but like isnt relationships more than sex? Why does it always turn to that? It can have other consequences too - again i am sorry if im offending any of you - just my thoughts hahah

We don't just want to have sex when she turns 16 cause it's legal then it's because sex will be the hight of connection when us two become one and there's no one else I would want to lose my virginity too and she verbalises this to me as well. I understand your confusion but you felt the way we both did you would understand better, thanks anyway :smile:
there is no problems between us, it's just society and law stopping us

To be fair loads of police do it anyway regardless of those laws. It's a private thing. But you obviously have to trust the other person a lot. It would make the whole thing much simpler if you were both 16. You probably should just wait since you're so close.
Original post by SophieSmall
No, google the criteria for it.
However if you have sex with her you would be committing a crime.

Yeah I know now that my thoughts at first were far fetched but rather than a paedo I would be a criminal :frown:!
Original post by TorpidPhil
To be fair loads of police do it anyway regardless of those laws. It's a private thing. But you obviously have to trust the other person a lot. It would make the whole thing much simpler if you were both 16. You probably should just wait since you're so close.

That's what makes it little but easier to wait, the fact she's so close
Reply 18
We don't just want to have sex when she turns 16 cause it's legal then it's because sex will be the hight of connection when us two become one and there's no one else I would want to lose my virginity too and she verbalises this to me as well. I understand your confusion but you felt the way we both did you would understand better, thanks anyway :smile:

Yeah i agree with you there, you will always connect in that sense.
Just never thought of it that way - as i have always seen girls my age in my school have sex as soon as 16 then pregnant and then dropping everything, if you see where i come from?
But, nevertheless, i still very much agree with inter-connection two people have having sex that is a deeper meaning. if she personally says, and you feel that way too - well good on you! Been very mature about this matter!
I hope all works out well! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by queen-bee

He's only 16 though. Not really that bad is it, happens all the time.

OP if she has brothers or a dad then you got to be careful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending