The Student Room Group

What should I do? RAF Officer or direct entry?

Hi guys.

I have applied for the direct entry ATC. Recently i finished my CBAT and passed, during the debrief the interviewer said I had done much better than was required and could apply for an officer role in air traffic control if I wanted it. My question is, now that I've got my interview coming up soon how would I go about changing my application for the officer role without them saying the dreaded "well why didn't you apply for it in the first place?" Would I ask this during the interview or call up my AFCO now?

Advice please guys! :eek:
If ya ring the AFCO they'll probably just change it over if ya explain you've been advised at your aptitudes to change to officer. As for the the "why didn't you go for it in the first place?" I think it'll be more of a "why have you decided to change?" Question. If that makes sense. Just be honest with them.

Can I ask about the aptitudes, is it true they've lowered the score down to 80 for ATC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you very much buddy! will call them tomorrow! :smile: yes the score was only 80 for snco ATC. Surprisingly low. everything else is 90 now except pilot.
When I did mine they were all 100 lol. Maybe I should wait n resit them in August!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by danbarrett92
Hi guys.

I have applied for the direct entry ATC. Recently i finished my CBAT and passed, during the debrief the interviewer said I had done much better than was required and could apply for an officer role in air traffic control if I wanted it. My question is, now that I've got my interview coming up soon how would I go about changing my application for the officer role without them saying the dreaded "well why didn't you apply for it in the first place?" Would I ask this during the interview or call up my AFCO now?

Advice please guys! :eek:

Hi Dan,

What did you decide to do in the end? I"m in a similar situation to you!
sorry for the slow reply, i decided to go for officer role, i figured it would lead to bigger and better opportunities! Currently studying for OASC but haven't really found anywhere with more relevant info! bummer! where are you at kop!

Quick Reply

Latest