The Student Room Group

withdrawing/suspending

I've decided that I no longer want to continue with my course and will not be finishing off the year. I am still in my first year of a 3 year course. I got around £1300 loan instalment and about £300 grant instalment in January. I'm assuming I will have to pay some of this back straight away, but don't know how much? Do I have to give back all the grant as well? How much am I looking at having to repay instantly? Do I still pay back the tuition and remaining loan once I am earning over a certain amount?

If I were to suspend my studies for a year (leaving in March, before the end of the academic year) and then decide to not actually return, how many years of study will I end up paying for?
Reply 1
Original post by jessybean
I've decided that I no longer want to continue with my course and will not be finishing off the year. I am still in my first year of a 3 year course. I got around £1300 loan instalment and about £300 grant instalment in January. I'm assuming I will have to pay some of this back straight away, but don't know how much? Do I have to give back all the grant as well? How much am I looking at having to repay instantly? Do I still pay back the tuition and remaining loan once I am earning over a certain amount?

If I were to suspend my studies for a year (leaving in March, before the end of the academic year) and then decide to not actually return, how many years of study will I end up paying for?
This needs advice from the SFE experts, so I am moving this thread into that section.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending