The Student Room Group

Imperial vs. UCL Student Union Societies/Clubs

Hey. As an offer holder for both of these universities, I visited http://uclu.org/ and https://www.imperialcollegeunion.org/ to check out each university's clubs, societies, etc. Imperial is my firm choice, and UCL is my insurance, officially, so one can guess where I'd ideally end up, but you never know what will happen.
The broad selection of things you can do there looks fantastic, but I'd like to know about any key differences between the activities at each university. Generally speaking, and/or specific to the ones I'm interested in. I don't have any specific questions thus far, I'm only after some general information.
At the moment, the ones I'm interested in are:

Physics (my subject of study)

Cinema

Electronic Music/Music Technology

Chess

Technology

Comedy Club

Possibly a Martial Art

And as a side-question, given that I'd actually like to get my 4-year undergrad degree done, what is the recommended maximum number of clubs to join?
Thanks for your time. :smile:
You'll probably find all the societies you are looking for at both unis the only thing is at UCL you get a lot of students doing humanity subjects too so you might be exposed to a bit of a broader range of students within the society. Plus UCL has the ULU (University of London Union) right next door and there is heaps going on there so I have to say perhaps UCL has a bit of an advantage.

In terms of how many to join it depends how active they are and how active you are within them. For example I have one that I'm active in, one that I go to occasionally and then I do volunteer work around that when I have the time.

Congrats for your places at Imperial and UCL either way you will be in good hands :smile:
Original post by lotusbloom
You'll probably find all the societies you are looking for at both unis the only thing is at UCL you get a lot of students doing humanity subjects too so you might be exposed to a bit of a broader range of students within the society. Plus UCL has the ULU (University of London Union) right next door and there is heaps going on there so I have to say perhaps UCL has a bit of an advantage.

In terms of how many to join it depends how active they are and how active you are within them. For example I have one that I'm active in, one that I go to occasionally and then I do volunteer work around that when I have the time.

Congrats for your places at Imperial and UCL either way you will be in good hands :smile:

Thanks. :smile: I guess I'll look at ULU's site sometime. I assume you're currently at UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending