If I block someone on Facebook...?

Would they know?

Can they tell?

Does Facebook notify them?
Original post by Dee Leigh
Would they know?

Can they tell?

Does Facebook notify them?

Facebook doesn't tell them, but if they search your name they won't be able to find you and they'll know what you've done.
Original post by Buxtonwater
Facebook doesn't tell them, but if they search your name they won't be able to find you and they'll know what you've done.

Really?
Original post by Dee Leigh
Really?

Well just think, if you were searching someones name on facebook and no results for them were coming up, what would be the first thing you think has happened? You'll either think they've blocked you or that they've deleted facebook, they can easily find out that you still have facebook by asking someone else. As long as the person isn't dim, they'll be able to work it out and they'll know what you've done.
Well just think, if you were searching someones name on facebook and no results for them were coming up, what would be the first thing you think has happened? You'll either think they've blocked you or that they've deleted facebook, they can easily find out that you still have facebook by asking someone else. As long as the person isn't dim, they'll be able to work it out and they'll know what you've done.

Haha OK.

I'm thinking of blocking some of my previous flatmates. Two of them were so horrible to me when I lived with them so ever since I left I decided to cut contact. I stopped talking to them, deleted their numbers and stopped following them on Facebook (and muted one of them on Twitter.) I want to completely cut of contact 100% so I want to delete them and block them so that they don't contact me any more.

Also I have a person who used to be my friend but he was an absolutely dickhead towards me so I stopped talking to him. I want to block him too.

Not necessarily - OP could have just deactivated her account for all they know.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Not necessarily - OP could have just deactivated her account for all they know.

All they would have to do is ask someone to check, it would be incredibly easy to work it out.
they'll know but if you've got to the point where you had to block them, I doubt you are too concerned for their feelings right now…

(unless this is a breakup :hugs:)
Joe has blocked you. If Amy puts a status up and a conversation branches off from Amy's status, you might see Amy has written something like, "That's great to hear Joe," and you might think that's weird because you see Joe has not commented at all on Amy's status. If you don't want people to find out you've blocked them, things like that can be a problem.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
they'll know but if you've got to the point where you had to block them, I doubt you are too concerned for their feelings right now…

(unless this is a breakup :hugs:)

Well yes, I couldn't care less about their feelings. They were horrible flatmates after all and I refuse to stay in contact with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending