The Student Room Group

household income

Hi,

my mother and father are divorced and I am financially supported by my mum's household. She has a partner.

In filling in my student finance form I am asked for my father's details. Do I put my father's details into this or do I enter my mother's partner?

Thanks
Hi there.

If your mother is living with a partner and this is who you live with then we would need to look at their income as a whole.

Thanks.
Reply 2
The question was 'In filling in my student finance form I am asked for my father's details. Do I put my father's details into this or do I enter my mother's partner?'
Hi again.

Apologies standish if you've misunderstood, or aren't sure of the form let me clarify for you:

We ask which parent you live with, or have most contact with. In this situation the answer would be 'mother.' We then ask what is their marital status, so this should be filled in as 'living with partner' or 'married' given that the step-father is present.

We then continue to ask for the 'household income' of the aforementioned persons.

If filled in correctly, at no point would we have asked for the income from the father, or from an entirely different household.

Page 22 of the form should confirm this for you: http://bit.ly/1ETf7QN

Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi ,

I am trying to fill out this student finance form online but I am getting confused about my mother's relationship status.

She is divorced and is currently living with a new partner however he doesn't contribute to my upbringing at all. Also my father doesn't contribute anything to my mum in order to help with me or my younger brother's upbringing and because of this I am having to work a part-time job with long hours in order to support myself as well as having to live at home while going to university as neither myself or my mum can't afford to support me living in student accommodation. Therefore I will benefit from a larger loan. I think it is unfair to judge it as a household overall if my mum's partner doesn't contribute to me personally so this is my problem, do i put living with partner or divorced in which my mum has evidence of.

Thanks
Hi there.

If your mother is living with a partner then you would put that on the form and we would need to look at their income together. For student's who do not meet standard independence criteria we would always take into consideration a parental contributions which in this case is your mother and her partner if he also lives in the household.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending