The Student Room Group

Man eats swan and gets 2 months in prison

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200wales/tm_headline=man-tried-to-eat-swan-during-ramadan%26method=full%26objectid=18140732%26siteid=50082-name_page.html

When he was challenged by police he told them: I am a Muslim, I am fasting, I needed to eat.”

The court heard Miah, from Llandudno, had white feathers stuck in his beard and blood on his shirt.

Jim Neary, prosecuting, said: “When interviewed he said, “I was hungry, I had to eat the swan so I killed it, I stabbed it. I did nothing wrong, it was just a bird, I needed to eat.”

“The officers told him the swan was the property of the Queen and he replied, “I hate the Queen, I hate this country“.”

Scroll to see replies

Oooh I see the link... BNP man... Muslim:rolleyes:
Reply 2
Two months in jail for swan-eating?You wouldn't get that if you beat someone randomly in the street.

What a bloody joke.

Anyway, you're supposed to hang birds like that for a good couple of days before eating them.
Reply 3
Is it not a right to a belief in your religion? If eating a swan is religious act then I see no problem with it.

Insulting the queen and this country is more serious.
Moral: Stick to duck.
Reply 5
deekinee
Is it not a right to a belief in your religion? If eating a swan is religious act then I see no problem with it.

Yes, whilst fasting it is a Muslim tradition to eat raw swan.
Reply 6
deekinee
Insulting the queen and this country is more serious.

Not really, I think the animal cruelty issue is probably slightly more serious.
Reply 7
mc_hamster

He can easily be labelled as a terrorist. Someone who insults a country and the queen can have the intention to bomb it.
Reply 8
I hate this country, and I don't think much of the Queen either. The Duke of Edinburgh deserves to eat his own testicles, deep fried. The Prince of Wales is okay - he has good taste in alcohol. :p:
This story is full of holes. They open their fasts around 6ish so why would he be opening his fast at Midnight ? Did he forget he was ****ing starving ?
mc_hamster

Maybe the swan was a masochist?
Reply 11
mc_hamster

There's nothing remotely cruel about killing an animal in order to eat it.
Reply 12
oh my... but yes... i dont seem to get why this is so... the man might have mental problems..
What if you sandpaper off its skin then break the bones in its legs starting from its feet. Blind it and set it on fire? Then eat it?
Reply 14
That seems like a slight over reaction, I don't see why killing a swan is any worse than killing any other animal. As long as we have cirtain types of hunting legal in the country I don't see why this is any worse. Personally I think what he did was horrible but then i also don't think he should have gone to prison for it, maybe it should be community service or a fine?
deekinee
He can easily be labelled as a terrorist. Someone who insults a country and the queen can have the intention to bomb it.

Not true at all, I'm not too fond of the Queen (even though I have met her) and I could probably live elsewhere as this country isn't the greatest. Yet I will never bomb this country due to my lazyness and I'd rather not kill myself/ other people in a badly thought out terrorist attack. Maybe you should think before you generalise.

Although I think if the guy in the newspaper had been me, an English person you probably wouldn't have said that. Not that I'm calling you racist or anything, I just feel that is what you are getting at.
raw swan? that must have tasted....no comment
Reply 17
Attacking random birds, especially swans is well, bloody serious stuff. I mean, its the most elegant of all birds, not like a Pigeon, where Mayor Ken would have helped him. But eating it raw was the bad bit.

Insulting the Royal family is shameful. Really bad stuff there as well. I too, don't think much of the Royal Family, apart from Harry, who has splendid taste in flavoured tobacco and his dress code, which I also admire. I also like Charles, as he can get down with the rest of Britain, and have a few secret liasons with other women. This alone is top stuff.

But its the 'I hate this country' which he's secretly been put in jail for 2-months for. Needing to eat a swan, one of the finest as well, being it belonged to the Queen, and relating that to the hatred of GB is cuckoo.
Reply 18
Ok, so it's illegal to kill a swan, as they're the queen's property and yes, it shouldnt have happened. but when our prisons are practically full, i dont think he should have gone to jail.

i hate to think that my hard earnt money is going towards paying for him to be in prison, give his effing community service so he's doing some good!
Reply 19
If he hates the damn country that much why doesn't he just leave instead of terrorising the local wildlife?

Bloody mentalist.

Latest

Trending

Trending