The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Psyk
Do people really think he ate the swan because he was a muslim? Personally, I think he ate it because he was a nutter.

He does sound like a bit of a nutter admittedly. Logic: I'm hungry, will I (a) order in a takeaway, (b) drive over to the all-night Tesco in the next town or (c) kill a swan with little more than my bare hands and feast upon its carcass in front of Her Majesty's finest before making treasonous comments to all and sundry.
Psyk
Do people really think he ate the swan because he was a muslim? Personally, I think he ate it because he was a nutter.

Exactly. The fact that he's Muslim has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

EDIT: And two months imprisonment for it seems rather excessive.
Reply 42
Psyk

I agree. No part of the Muslim religion calls for roaming the streets hours after you can start eating again looking for animals to kill and eat raw. I mean, he ate it WITH the feathers on it! Who does that?! Most people, even in the most desperate situation, would still work up a fire and try to take feathers off the bird they were about to eat! Aside from that, he claims he "had to eat the swan", which makes absolutely no sense. I'm sure he could have satisfied his need to eat by walking to the store and either buying something or, in the most desperate situation, stealing something. The last thing I would think to do when starving in a developed country is to eat a raw swan!

Personally, though, I think he should have been sent to a mental institution instead of jail.
Why didn't he just go buy a rotisserie chciken from M&S. Half price AND legal...can't get much better than that!
loradora68
Oooh I see the link... BNP man... Muslim:rolleyes:

oh what a surprise a thread regarding muslims and the first post is about the BMP. the link is for the national website of wales not the BNP.

I agree the fact that hes a muslim doesnt come into it, and im not particuarly fussed about killing swan either. Im more concerned about the fact that the guy seems to be a raving loony. To become the voice of worst case scenario what if the next time he starving he goes for something else like a child
Reply 45
deekinee
Is it not a right to a belief in your religion? If eating a swan is religious act then I see no problem with it.

Insulting the queen and this country is more serious.

What an odd post.
Reply 46
quadruple_twist
Why didn't he just go buy a rotisserie chciken from M&S. Half price AND legal...can't get much better than that!

And it takes good as well.

By the way, was the Swan raw?

In that case, the man is disguisting.
Reply 47
If the chap was hungry and down on his luck, from what we read about some prisons he will have a good time with his personal tv, good food, any hassle and he can sue etc etc
Reply 48
-1984-
What an odd post.

What an odd comment.
Reply 49
deekinee
What an odd comment.

The man goes to a lake, and eats a raw swan, and you say that you have "no problem" with that because its his religious belief.

I hate homosexuals. If I were to go around killing them, due to my religious beliefs, would that be reasonable as well?

Just because someones religious beliefs may permit something, that does not mean that we should respect it, or even allow it.
Reply 50
-1984-
The man goes to a lake, and eats a raw swan, and you say that you have "no problem" with that because its his religious belief.

I hate homosexuals. If I were to go around killing them, due to my religious beliefs, would that be reasonable as well?

Just because someones religious beliefs may permit something, that does not mean that we should respect it, or even allow it.

If your religion tells you to kill homosexuals then you have that right. But I don't remember ANY religion saying you have to kill them. The bible said homosexuality is a sin but did not say kill them. If it did then every church will be burnt down by now.

Nothing wrong with eating a swan if it's his religious belief. Are you denying him his right to his religion?
Reply 52
deekinee
If your religion tells you to kill homosexuals then you have that right. But I don't remember ANY religion saying you have to kill them. The bible said homosexuality is a sin but did not say kill them. If it did then every church will be burnt down by now.

Nothing wrong with eating a swan if it's his religious belief. Are you denying him his right to his religion?

So let me get this correct, your saying that if my religion, Hate Homosexuals Church (just made that up lol), said that it was my duty to kill homosexuals, then I have a right to do so?

If your going to reply to that question with an affirmative, then you might as well not reply because I will report the post.
The title of this thread made me laugh.

Anyway, stupid ignorant muslim. What was he thinking? Haha.

Personally we should deport him for the "hate this country" comment and set a load of potentially arm breaking swans on him.
deekinee

It's MY religion to go around sterilising tards like you to prevent further pollution of the gene pool, using any method I like.

So you're saying you wouldn't try to fight me off because that would mean denying me my right to my religion? :confused:
Reply 55
-1984-
So let me get this correct, your saying that if my religion, Hate Homosexuals Church (just made that up lol), said that it was my duty to kill homosexuals, then I have a right to do so?

If your going to reply to that question with an affirmative, then you might as well not reply because I will report the post.

There is no such church. No religion tells you to kill homosexuals but if it did then you are legally allowed to do it. Report my post if you want but you are just being ignorant.

You can go to jail if you tell religious people they have no right to their beliefs. What you are saying is rubbish out of your head. What I'm saying is fact. I might be saying you can kill homosexuals if your religion says so but I have also said no religion tells you to kill homosexuals.
Reply 56
quadruple_twist
It's MY religion to go around sterilising tards like you to prevent further pollution of the gene pool, using any method I like.

So you're saying you wouldn't try to fight me off because that would mean denying me my right to my religion? :confused:

What religion is this?
How am I a tard?
Reply 57
Does anyone know anyones who has a) actually been attacked by a swan and/or b) had their arm/leg/other appendange broken by a swan? Or is this another parental guidance "If you play with it too much, it'll fall off" kinda thing.

How come the Queen owns all the swans? Why not, oh I don't know, all the swans and moles? Or jackdaws ? Or newts?
Reply 58
deekinee

Would it? Who'd burn them down Homosexuals? And how many from the Local Parish catchment will congregate to do that.

Homosexuals have been given rights in this country by good will, not because they campaigned (closet ones did) - A huge street march in central Manchester say, would result it a riot -

That said i've nothing against them, just stop acting beyond-feminine!

As for the topic - How dare he comment on our Queen and way of life, nothing to do with being pro-royal or anti-royal, the fact is, thats how it is here and he's shown signs of serious disagreement and disregard, and yes the fact that he's a Muslim saying this does nothing to help him or his community.

Don't bite the hand...
Reply 59
deekinee
No religion tells you to kill homosexuals but if it did then you are legally allowed to do it. Report my post if you want but you are just being ignorant.

You can go to jail if you tell religious people they have no right to their beliefs. What you are saying is rubbish out of your head. What I'm saying is fact. I might be saying you can kill homosexuals if your religion says so but I have also said no religion tells you to kill homosexuals.

I think what you're saying is right - that people are allowed to do many things that wouldn't normally be allowed if it is part of a religious ritual/belief (like, for example, I know some religions are allowed, within reason, to kill certain endangered animals as part of rituals)...BUT there is no way any government would allow this if it involved breaking other much more serious laws.

There are religious groups (mostly cults) that been set up and been involved in criminal activities, such as ritual killings, and I believe the government usually breaks them up and deals with them. Killers are not allowed to roam free and do what they like, no matter what the reasons behind their killings are.

Latest

Trending

Trending