The Student Room Group

Morning after pill - should i be feeling ill?

Hey, sorry this sounds strange and a stupid thing to ask but I am a bit worried.

I took the morning after pill this morning and I feel perfectly fine. This makes me think that it hasn't worked! Surely I should be feeling sick or having stomach cramps or something? or am I just paranoid?

Also, I took the pill within 12 hours of the 'accident', so does this mean the likelihood of being pregnant is less? It said on the box that it is 84% accurate and that worries me a bit!

Thanks.
Well i guess not everyone will feel ill because of the morning after pill.
Reply 2
From different people I know who have had it some feel fine, others feel damn awful and it can take more than a few hours to feel the side effects. You took it fairly quickly so it should be fine
I felt kinda sick. Mind you, I dont know if it was the pill that did it, or the McDonalds I wolfed down afterwards.
Reply 4
I have taken the morning after pill in the past, and had no side effects whatsoever. So just because you don't feel ill, there's no need to think that it hasn't work. Of course, it isn't guaranteed to work, but feeling ill doesn't mean that it will be working any more effectively. :smile:
The earlier you took it from the time you had sex, the more effective it is said to be. :smile:
Anonymous
Hey, sorry this sounds strange and a stupid thing to ask but I am a bit worried.

I took the morning after pill this morning and I feel perfectly fine. This makes me think that it hasn't worked! Surely I should be feeling sick or having stomach cramps or something? or am I just paranoid?

Also, I took the pill within 12 hours of the 'accident', so does this mean the likelihood of being pregnant is less? It said on the box that it is 84% accurate and that worries me a bit!

Thanks.

I can Imagine being crap after taking it has such a lot to do inside the body no mean task for you to cope with you'll be fine though afterwards.
I took it and had no side effects whatsoever.

Although having said that, paid £26 for it, and it didn't work either. Hmmm.

My mate took it though, had no problems, and it worked. And it's supposed to be 98% effective within 12 hours I thought??
My friend took it, and the only reason she felt a bit dodgy was because she was worrying so much about it! I think the more calm you are, the less queasy you feel maybe?
Reply 8
I took the morning after pill one time and had no side effects. The pharmacist gave me Gravol to take with it which prevents nausea. A few of my friends have taken it and nobody had any side effects. It doesn't mean that the pill isn't working, simply that you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't feel ill from it.
Reply 9
to be honest its better that you have had no side effects, because if you are sick than it can effect how the pill works. dont worry, you will be fine, most people dont experience any side effects, and if they do you can gaurentee the majority of them are psychological. x x
perhaps the important things to remember with emergency contraception

1. one it;s a big load of hormones

2. it;s taken at a emotionally fraught time - whether becasue of unprtected sex or because of 'failure' of other contraceptive methods
you will feel a wee bit quesy. dont react to it, ie vomit and stuff. just rest and relax. dont stress too much either. i dont recommend eating within 3 hours afterwards
dont also think about the 16%. youll be fine im sure. it depends opf course when you take it, and how far you are into your cycle. it'll be, but book an appointment with your dr when your period is due. better safe than sorry
xxx
i'm sure it's a good sign - as other people have said, being sick would have affected the chances of it working. try and forget about it, unless your period is late - but stressing about that may also affect it! so just relax and forget.

Latest

Trending

Trending