The Student Room Group

mature student accommodation?!?!

Hey,

im 31 and am coming to the end of an access to he (social sciences), thoroughly enjoyed it and found it quite a challenge at times. Ive applied and got a conditional offer from a uni about 60 miles away, its a really good uni but the only reason I'm a bit hesitant on taking the offer is I'm really sceptical about living in student accommodation, just because of my age really. Has anyone got any experience of mature students living in halls? Whats it like?

Original post by welshjoel
Hey,

im 31 and am coming to the end of an access to he (social sciences), thoroughly enjoyed it and found it quite a challenge at times. Ive applied and got a conditional offer from a uni about 60 miles away, its a really good uni but the only reason I'm a bit hesitant on taking the offer is I'm really sceptical about living in student accommodation, just because of my age really. Has anyone got any experience of mature students living in halls? Whats it like?

Have you looked into whether the university has any accommodation specifically for mature students, or whether as a mature student you could ask to go into postgraduate accommodation?

My first choice university offers both of these options (although the postgraduate accommodation only comes with the option of a 50 week contract). I'm 33, and the thought of living in halls with 18 year olds enjoying their first taste of freedom worries me slightly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending