The Student Room Group

Regretting course choice!

Hi,

I've received places to study Dietetics and I'm having second thoughts. I'm already at university studying for a foundation year and picked dietetics due to it being a science degree with secure job prospects, rather than a genuine love for nutrition. I, however, definitely want to be a health professional in some capacity in the future. So due to this I'm worried that I wouldn't succeed and would risk dropping out. I've been thinking about doing a biology degree first and applying post-grad once I'm 100% certain on the career I want. But I then miss out on the (almost guaranteed) career dietetics would offer me.

What would the process be if I wanted to change my courses? Can I reject my offers and withdraw from the others and enter extra? Or should I wait and apply through clearing?

Many thanks!

tl;dr: picked degree on job prospects rather than genuine interest. Extra?
Reply 1
In the same position myself. Reject the offers and go through Extra. I'm hoping it works out and I get an offer I genuinely want.
Reply 2
Original post by JB TSR
In the same position myself. Reject the offers and go through Extra. I'm hoping it works out and I get an offer I genuinely want.

Yeah I think you're right fella. I've emailed the Uni I'm interested in attending, hope they'll get back to me soon. How are you getting on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending