The Student Room Group

Ditching Graduation

So i signed up to go to my graduation but now I’m regretting it. I just feel extremely anxious and nervous about it I don’t have any friends on my course and just didn’t have the best time at uni . My mum really wants me to go but I honestly just want to stay home. I think it’s too late to back out now but I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way or just ditched the whole ceremony.
Reply 1
It’s a shame you have not had a good experience of studying and not made friends and don’t feel like going . I did not want to go to mine but I did and glad I did but don’t have any photos. I do have some brochures though. Your name will be in them etc. I would go as it is an achievement that you graduated, you get to wear a robe and hat and it is a celebratory event and takes you out of the day to day. There may be different speakers etc. I’m sure your mum is proud and wishes to celebrate. I did a post grad and went to that remember it more and have a photo so pleased about that. I would definitely go. It will be a fun, once in a lifetime event. Congratulations!
I didn't bother with mine and have never had any regrets. Meaningless to me tbh.
Reply 3
Hey when is the graduation? What have you decided to do? Obviously it’s up to you if you go or not.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hey when is the graduation? What have you decided to do? Obviously it’s up to you if you go or not.

Graduation is in July after some thought I think I’ll go , I think I’ll end up regretting it if I didn’t 😅.
Reply 5
Ok that’s good to hear. I think you’ve made the right choice. Good to hear. You managed to graduate it is worth celebrating. My post grad other people I had issues with did not go I had a fab day. Hope goes well.
Original post by Anonymous
Graduation is in July after some thought I think I’ll go , I think I’ll end up regretting it if I didn’t 😅.

Hey,
Congratulations on completing your course and graduating! Really glad to hear you have decided to go to your graduation and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it. You deserve to celebrate your achievement and it would be a shame to regret not going to it.
Remember that it was your hard work that got you to the end and that being able to officially get your certificate and have a final graduation can be a nice way to end it all. Hopefully you can relax and enjoy it and try not to worry or stress to much about it - no doubt your course was stressful enough so your graduation shouldn't be and hopefully be a relaxing day and opportunity to celebrate with family and course mates.
Catherine :smile: Strathclyde University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending