The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Residential weeks!

Hi

Have decided that i would really like to do a OU course leading to hopefully one day a degree. I am interested in a few courses, but the top choices for me are Physical Science and Natural Science.
During the time studying for the degree i am expected to attend residential weeks. Is there no way around this? I just don't think i have the time to take off work to go on these?
There are other courses i am interested in which don't have these weeks but i think the two i mentioned above i would enjoy alot more, which is very important to me otherwise i may lose interest!

Matt
Well most people get holidays from the place they work in. Can't you use some of your holidays for the residential courses.? You will probably only do one course a year so that would mean seven days - or five working days from your holiday entitlement. If you are really interested you would sacrifice five days in a heartbeat.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I read somewhere that in certain circumstances you can be excused from the residentials so if you struggle to get the time off work you should be ok. In some cases they can give you an online project to do instead.

Before you register for the course i'd clarify with the OU though just to make sure! :smile:

Latest