The Student Room Group

Short War Film Ideas ... Help?

Hi there,

Just let you know, I'm not at all a good person at thinking up stories. I'm more into working technically on already thought up narratives ... However, my graduate film requires both! So, please help!

I have to shoot a short film very soon and my original idea has somewhat collapsed due to gathering actors and so forth being a pain. So I've adapted it to working with a similar theme of a soldier stranded, but keep him anonymous for all of it (As in full covered). My current idea opens with a silhouette of a figure at a desk, and then a cut to a woodland bunker. Inside the bunker, we establish a soldier has crashed in a helicopter accident, leaving him the only survivor. We then watch his survival and establish a bond and concern for him, however being behind enemy lines, his inevitable fate ends in an action filled ending. Hopefully the audience by the time will feel for his death. Then I'll cut back to the figure seen previously earlier, playing the game we just saw. Hopefully making people realise the emotions of the character may not be displayed but is always there. I know it sounds pretentious but I think it could work?

Please give suggestions, opinions and advice as it's all more than welcome. I really know it's average but right now, time is pushing unfortunately :frown:

Thanks for reading through!

Matt
Reply 1
5minutes single location story
Reply 2
War

Latest

Trending

Trending