The Student Room Group

Advice on qualifications needed for Radiotherapy BSc

Hi,

I'm looking to start a Radiotherapy and Oncology BSc next year (Sept 2016).

I have English Language (A*), Science (A), Additional Science (B), Maths (B) plus 6 more A* - C at GCSE but I don't have any further Science qualifications after that.
My A-levels were Economics (A), English Lit & Lang (B), History (B), General Studies (B) and I have a BA honours in History (2.1).

I understand that I need to get a Science qualification but I was wondering whether it is best to do a Biology A-Level or to do the OU Human Biology course (SK277)?

Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:
Hi, yes you will definitely need a science qualification and the easiest way to get it is probably through the OU. I think it needs to be a 60 credit module but it's best to contact the uni's you're thinking of going to to get a specific module title that they will accept as they can be quite fussy with content!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Bubble87
Hi, yes you will definitely need a science qualification and the easiest way to get it is probably through the OU. I think it needs to be a 60 credit module but it's best to contact the uni's you're thinking of going to to get a specific module title that they will accept as they can be quite fussy with content!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely e-mail the admissions departments to see what they say.

Do you mind if I PM you with a question about studying at BCU?
Sure, go ahead :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest