The Student Room Group

Getting over a bad habit by hypnotherapy..advice vma..

hey all
ive been cracking my bones for about 6-7 years now, and this includes hands, feet, neck, back etc. Recently ive been getting pretty bad pains in the lower back and neck and its mostly bcos of this habit.

What id like to know is, does any1 have any experience of hypnotherapy as a way of getting over something? Does it work and if so, are the effects long lasting? Ive tried self discipline with this, but its become quite a powerful addiction, almost an anxiety reliever making the job of giving it up even harder.

What any going to a chiropracter, any1 have any experiences. Would it help in my case?
Reply 1
Chiropractor will certainly help with the pain and should be able to ascertain if it is due to your bone cracking habit or not. I think hypnotherapy would help too. It can help with all sorts of problems such as smoking, losing weight etc. Also the process of hypnotherapy is very relaxing, putting you into almost a meditative state. Your hypnotherapist should be able to show you how to achieve this state on your own so you can reduce your anxiety at any time without resorting to bone cracking. It's worth a try - what have you got to lose?

Latest

Trending

Trending