The Student Room Group

Is it over

I've spoke to this girl whose on my course. Just recently as I don't see her much she's really pretty. I spoke to her once I was nervous but it was ok just about the course and where she's from. So the next day I saw her and spoke to her and to me she gave small one word answers and looked a bit suprised I came up to her. So not to make it awkward I just left and said see you later. She seems quite shy and introverted so I doubt she would come up to me if she likes me.

Anyway judging by what I wrote should I leave it now ? I know it's a bit early because I've only spoken to her twice. But the conversation wasn't going anywhere. I'll probably leave it for a while and maybe talk to her in a couple of weeks as a friend. Or I might just leave it.

Is it over ??

Scroll to see replies

Why leave it? He who hesitates is lost. She may simply be shy or she may not have wanted to be disturbed. Either way, you can only guess until you get an answer from a direct question.

If you have a naturally warm personality and can make her laugh by a witty comment or two, you have opened the door.

Once the conversation gets going and she opens up a little why not ask her to grab a coffee with you?

If she's still cold, then drop it.
Original post by uberteknik
Why leave it? He who hesitates is lost. She may simply be shy or she may not have wanted to be disturbed. Either way, you can only guess until you get an answer from a direct question.

If you have a naturally warm personality and can make her laugh by a witty comment or two, you have opened the door.

Once the conversation gets going and she opens up a little why not ask her to grab a coffee with you?

If she's still cold, then drop it.

It was a bit cold with her. But still ill see what happens

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm the OP btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Anymore ??
Reply 5
Best bet is a brief period of flirting and if it is reciprocated at all then ask her out. Doesn't sound awfully encouraging to be honest. There's a lot of competition for pretty girls and they are hard to land.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Best bet is a brief period of flirting and if it is reciprocated at all then ask her out. Doesn't sound awfully encouraging to be honest. There's a lot of competition for pretty girls and they are hard to land.

But do you think I went in a bit to quick by going up to her the next day ? But saying that if she had some interest she would be happy I came up to her.

On the plus side, she seems shy and introverted. But yeah I doubt much would happen, only if she came up to me. This lasted long lol
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

I've spoke to this girl whose on my course. Just recently as I don't see her much she's really pretty. I spoke to her once I was nervous but it was ok just about the course and where she's from. So the next day I saw her and spoke to her and to me she gave small one word answers and looked a bit suprised I came up to her. So not to make it awkward I just left and said see you later. She seems quite shy and introverted so I doubt she would come up to me if she likes me.

Anyway judging by what I wrote should I leave it now ? I know it's a bit early because I've only spoken to her twice. But the conversation wasn't going anywhere. I'll probably leave it for a while and maybe talk to her in a couple of weeks as a friend. Or I might just leave it.

Is it over ??

Speak to her more thats what she wants. Think about it everyones got a different nature and it takes time for everyone to know and get used to each other. Likewise for girls most of them do hesitate to make new friends (as im not one of them:biggrin:) and think about it youve only spoken to her twice so it really hasnt been much of a conversation. Dont leave anything by leaving it could drift her away even more carry on speaking to her thats how shes going to get used to it dont show that you like her it could push her away keep it on a friends level and once she starts to get used to you you could tell her:smile:.

Is it over ??

Does she have the same belief as you like are u both christian. ?
Reply 9
Original post by Asha_19
Speak to her more thats what she wants. Think about it everyones got a different nature and it takes time for everyone to know and get used to each other. Likewise for girls most of them do hesitate to make new friends (as im not one of them:biggrin:) and think about it youve only spoken to her twice so it really hasnt been much of a conversation. Dont leave anything by leaving it could drift her away even more carry on speaking to her thats how shes going to get used to it dont show that you like her it could push her away keep it on a friends level and once she starts to get used to you you could tell her:smile:.

But wouldnt it be awkward for me since I got the cold shoulder once, I dont want to look like an idiot again. Tbh, i'll probably talk to her again only if she keeps looking at me or just hi/bye. She might think im a weirdo for coming up to her often.
Does she have the same belief as you like are u both christian. ?

Whats that got to do with anything ? If we both like each other it will work otherwise it wont
But wouldnt it be awkward for me since I got the cold shoulder once, I dont want to look like an idiot again. Tbh, i'll probably talk to her again only if she keeps looking at me or just hi/bye. She might think im a weirdo for coming up to her often.

Thats you assuming that you got a cold shoulder. It could mean that 'cold shoudler' is one step of her coming closer to you. You may think its awkward but she doesnt, dont call yourself a idiot because you havent done anything bad.
Whats that got to do with anything ? If we both like each other it will work otherwise it wont

Well just asking.. Anyways I think u shouldn't stop talking to her.. I mean .. U should talk to her .. maybe she is just nervous or summt. And regards to religion some people are quite religious and don't go for other people outside their religion... can you tell me if you go to uni or college. ?
Original post by Asha_19
Thats you assuming that you got a cold shoulder. It could mean that 'cold shoudler' is one step of her coming closer to you. You may think its awkward but she doesnt, dont call yourself a idiot because you havent done anything bad.

Isnt it a bit annoying for her or girls generally. I mean I spoke to her the day before and then again, she could be like whose this creep.....Or would that be like immature I mean we are at uni.
Well just asking.. Anyways I think u shouldn't stop talking to her.. I mean .. U should talk to her .. maybe she is just nervous or summt. And regards to religion some people are quite religious and don't go for other people outside their religion... can you tell me if you go to uni or college. ?

Uni, final year
Original post by Asha_19

How can the cold shoulder be one step of her coming closer ?
Isnt it a bit annoying for her or girls generally. I mean I spoke to her the day before and then again, she could be like whose this creep.....Or would that be like immature I mean we are at uni.

No not really tbh like I said that's you assuming.
How can the cold shoulder be one step of her coming closer ?

That's you confusing yourself. It may be a cold shoulder for you but its not going to be a cold shoulder for her.
Original post by Asha_19
That's you confusing yourself. It may be a cold shoulder for you but its not going to be a cold shoulder for her.

Right. Well I spoke to her the other day and it went well. So I'm hoping to speak to her a bit more and see if she reciprocates. However there's only like one month left of uni and our lectures have finished. Could it be a little late ?
Original post by Asha_19

Her hometown is also 200 miles away from uni. So it would be hard to meet up during holiday's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending