The Student Room Group

Is fierce PC reliable?

Hi everyone, I'm looking at getting my first gaming PC with sim racing in mind (always been my thing). Anyway, I'm a little terrified to build one myself, not because I don't think I can do it but it's software that worries me. Compatibility issues etc. Long story short, is the site Fierce PC reliable? I've looked at all the components separately but fierce PC seems to be about £5 more expensive overall but they put it together and install the OS removing the fear factor. I mean it seems like a no brainer but it also seems to good to be true. Any help would be much appreciated.

:smile:
Reply 1
Yes it is :smile:
I'm running a fierce machine right now, they're reliable and fairly quick but i would advise getting a proper GPU rather than the integrated AMD rubbish. I'm running a 4.2GHz 8GB ram setup with a MSI NVidia GTX750, another 8GB RAM and the biggest CPU cooler I can stuff in the case on order

Be careful with temperature, they give you standard CPU coolers as imagined, however I have had to underclock my CPU down to 3.2GHz until my aftermarket cooler arrives as temperatures of 95C were occuring, that's enough for a decent cup of tea and more than enough to cook your CPU

Also also also, important thing, they have no WiFi built in, you have to buy a seperate card for that but if you buy the one they advise then they'll install it for you before shipping.

Fierce also don't install drivers on the PC, make that the first thing you do. Install ALL the driver disks (stuff the screen one though, it's only a user manual).
(edited 9 years ago)
I have brought fierce pc and it has been broken twice since I have sent it for repair once but on the second time they did not seem to reply back to me

Latest