The Student Room Group

He hasn't mentioned he has a girlfriend - is this suspicious?

We've been hanging out for a good few weeks now, both alone and with friends. (I'm a girl btw)

He's pretty damn flirty tbh (like he finds excuses to touch me all. the. time.), but I know he has a girlfriend from his mates -- and I see him texting her all the time -- but somehow this hasn't actually ever come up in conversation.

Is it weird at all that he's failed to mention his girlfriend, even casually? (ya know, oh yea my gf likes that... etc)

He hardly hides it when he's texting her but I feel like if I didn't know he had a girlfriend I'd definitely think there was something between us! Or am I just really overthinking this all??
Yeah, I'd say his behaviour is misleading. I certainly wouldn't behave like that with somebody if I was in a relationship.
Reply 2
It certainly sounds suspicious, but I don't know what kind of relationship he has with his girlfriend and whether she minds him flirting/touching other girls. I'd guess if she were around he'd probably act differently, which if that's the case I'd say it was inappropriate.
Lying by omission maybe. I do think it's a bit inappropriate of him to be making excuses to touch you and stuff if he's with someone already. Hope he's not trying to play you both!
Reply 4
I personally hate it when people 'casually' drop the fact they have a gf/bf into conversation where it really isn't applicable. Have you asked him? Has there been an appropriate point of conversation that he could/should have mentioned it? Does it even matter?
Pretty strange that he'd be flirty with ya.
Original post by Anonymous
We've been hanging out for a good few weeks now, both alone and with friends. (I'm a girl btw)

He's pretty damn flirty tbh (like he finds excuses to touch me all. the. time.), but I know he has a girlfriend from his mates -- and I see him texting her all the time -- but somehow this hasn't actually ever come up in conversation.

Is it weird at all that he's failed to mention his girlfriend, even casually? (ya know, oh yea my gf likes that... etc)

He hardly hides it when he's texting her but I feel like if I didn't know he had a girlfriend I'd definitely think there was something between us! Or am I just really overthinking this all??

Well, as you say, I'd say if he's texting her openly in front of you, it's not like he's trying to hide it from you tbh.

Some people just don't tend to talk about their partner to others in conversation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending