The Student Room Group

Ive started REVISION now ! is it enough

na
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Well you could provide some details...

i.e What exams have you got, how many hours of revision are you going to do per day, what level are you at...
Reply 2
Original post by ThePremierLeague
Well you could provide some details...

i.e What exams have you got, how many hours of revision are you going to do per day, what level are you at...

Economics
History
Math
Eng Lit
All edexcel
Reply 3
a level
Nothing is impossible if you have the will power to do it. Get off TSR, cut off the internet (+ other distractions) and make this time you have left worth while. You'll thank yourself in August.
If you do enough hours each day then yeah, why not

But I couldn't see 4 A's, esp cos Maths is solid so will take a lot of time up
It's certainly not ideal, i guess it's better if you're doing AS than A2, a lot of people manage to get decent grades by the skin of their teeth when they start working now!

Definitely for A2 start way earlier, i started my revision since day one and it has been a saving grace for me! I'm much less stressed at this point in time
Reply 7
okay
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Coolsul98
Since only a months left. I should reduce my sleeping hours right? I should do this to cover the syllabus quicker

No...

There is plenty of time in the day, get a minimum of 8 hours sleep.
Reply 9
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
It's certainly not ideal, i guess it's better if you're doing AS than A2, a lot of people manage to get decent grades by the skin of their teeth when they start working now!

Definitely for A2 start way earlier, i started my revision since day one and it has been a saving grace for me! I'm much less stressed at this point in time

When you say decent, do you mean A's and B's?
OP what grades are you currently working at?
If we say it isn't, will you just quit on revision?
Reply 12
na
(edited 6 years ago)

when you say 'started since day one'; do you mean actively making notes as you go along or?
Original post by ThePremierLeague
If you do enough hours each day then yeah, why not

But I couldn't see 4 A's, esp cos Maths is solid so will take a lot of time up

Seriously? I and many others at my university found just a few weeks to be ample to achieve good grades. OP has loads of time to revise and do well.

Absolutely bizarre that you're implying 6 weeks is late to start revising.

Heck, even at university 6 weeks is more than enough..
When you say decent, do you mean A's and B's?

C's and B's :L
And for subjects you find difficult, lower :frown:

It's probably different for everyone but this is what happened to me and a lot of people in my year last year for AS, it was abysmal
Original post by theDanIdentity
when you say 'started since day one'; do you mean actively making notes as you go along or?

I was making notes as i went along yeah, mainly for biology, at one point i was ahead of the teacher
the good thing is that for a certain topic i made some really rubbish notes and realised i couldn't revise from them, now i still have time to make better ones, so you get more time to revise your revision strategy too

And i've been doing better on mocks this year than last where i didn't revise in the week before the mock but just remembered stuff cos i'd already made notes earlier on in the year

There have been ups and downs along the way because at times when i've had a lot of homework or couldn't be bothered i've paused the revision notes for a time, but then continued again, and it's all helped, you don't have to be consistent and perfect, just do them when you have the opportunity

Thanks to this i've done notes on all of unit 4 biology and half of unit 5 already! So closer to exam time i can just keep reviewing and testing myself and actually have time to do past papers

Sorry for the lengthy reply lol
Original post by Serpentine111
Seriously? I and many others at my university found just a few weeks to be ample to achieve good grades. OP has loads of time to revise and do well.

Absolutely bizarre that you're implying 6 weeks is late to start revising.

Heck, even at university 6 weeks is more than enough..

I just hate to cram all the stress into 6 weeks, i find it overwhelming and lose the strength to revise so intensely - last year i still didn't manage to finish chemistry note making so due to my past experience i've started much earlier

and i prefer spacing revision out too, it aids memory where you consistently revise over a spaced amount of time than memorising it all in one go close to the exam to keep it 'fresh in your mind' - balancing it all together at the same times means you lose parts of information
I should be starting my revision either today or tomorrow, but yeah I think starting now is plenty of time. If you do like 3 hours a day from now on I'd be surprised if you didn't get pretty good grades
Reply 19
hey ive started revison now for my exams on the 11 of may will it be enough? i have no other choice than too do well! Share your views (positice)

you will do sick bro... cover the content really quickly and understand it for all your subjects. then when you get back to school past papers and examiner reports is your best friend. god willing you will get good grades. good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest