The Student Room Group

Regret not studying hard enough?

Regret not being disciplined enough during ur study days? Share ur story here!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I definitely regret not working hard enough for my GCSEs. Would've opened better doors for me University wise but I aced my A Levels and went to a good uni to make up for it. Still though.....
Reply 2
I do. I wish I knew about UCAS etc at GCSE level and would of worked far more. Same goes for A-levels. I didn't fully put 100% in.
Reply 3
I wish Id put more effort when I was at school. My GCSE results werent bad but I probably couldve done better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iv just finished my gcses and I worked so hard and then when we had these summer exams i just gave up. I really regret not trying in te summer exams like I know all my grades are going to go down. I just coouldnt handle the fact there were so many exams going on. I really hope this doesnt happen to me next year when I do ny Alevels I just dont know how to deal with stress over workload
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yes. I did great at Standard grade and was on track to get A/B for everything that I did at Higher. Ended up with BBCD. Two lowest were my best subjects throughout the year.

Now finished only two Advanced Highers and they were very mediocre. I obviously didn't learn my lesson. That, and exams are the bane of my life.

I honestly think I could have done great at school, but I didn't. It's something I will regret for a long time. I might re-do my stuff at a college so I can (try) get into a university that doesn't suck.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeah GCSEs, I could've had such an easier time at sixth form if I aced my GCSEs, had to go out of my way to arrange everything to ensure I get the best possible experience needed
Reply 7
I slacked like hell during sixth form. Should have taken it a lot more seriously
I do kinda feel like i've scraped through every bit of my academic life by the skin of my teeth !
Reply 9
Procrastination on YouTube during revision but always revised from beforehand, still it less procrastination would have led to more confidence during exams
I regret getting in with the wrong crowd - learning should come naturally when you hang around with the right people.
Reply 11
Strangely enough I don't regret it. I did all possible preparation for C3 and C4. I literally mean HOURS, I boycotted my other subjects pretty much to make sure I get an A, probably got a B. I REALLY don't work well under exam conditions
Reply 12
Gcse was the first time i had to properly study and if i could do it again i reckon i could have got better. Oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I do regret not doing amazingly well in my GCSEs and generally did not really prioritise them at the time. However, I managed to turn that around at A-Levels and am attending university this September. I feel kind of lucky though that I was able to get myself to where I am now.
I could have done better at my GCSEs but I don't regret that because I came out fine. I do regret not working as hard as I could/should have done this year. Even though it's only my first year in university and "doesn't count" I still wish I had put more effort in for the knowledge and for the confidence. I'm determined to do more work when I go back but I'm fully aware of the amount of people that say that but don't.
Reply 15
Original post by SannaS
Procrastination on YouTube during revision but always revised from beforehand, still it less procrastination would have led to more confidence during exams

that happens to me everytime!!
Reply 16
Original post by Razzamoly
Yes. I did great at Standard grade and was on track to get A/B for everything that I did at Higher. Ended up with BBCD. Two lowest were my best subjects throughout the year.

Now finished only two Advanced Highers and they were very mediocre. I obviously didn't learn my lesson. That, and exams are the bane of my life.

I honestly think I could have done great at school, but I didn't. It's something I will regret for a long time. I might re-do my stuff at a college so I can (try) get into a university that doesn't suck.

Guess its cuz of complacency? I always topped the class for a subject and ended up getting a B in my O and A level. Haiz..dont regret! Still have uni to make up!!
i am doing my exams right now and i am already regretting the time I wasted. I didn't finish my notes in time and now I have holes in my knowledge. I even have an exam tomorrow and I am struggling with the past paper. Funny thing is I got all Bs in my mock and I really thought I can boost them all by one grade but ah well its my own fault.

I am going to be the guy who goes home on results day and tell no one my real grades

maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic, who knows?
I never really put much effort into my GCSE'S apart from maths, which was my highest grade. Once I went to college it turned around and I was a lot more motivated and dedicated to get good grades which I did. I'm now planning to go to university this September to do Computer Science. :smile:
Hell yes. I don't even have time to explain, gotta do some cramming for an exam tomorrow... :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest