The Student Room Group

The 2+2=5 Society.

Welcome to the greatest thread on TSR.

This thread is for all people who believe that 2+2=5. (And for friends of people who believe that 2+2=5).

This thread aims to unite both people who believe that 2+2=4 and those who believe that 2+2=5. But please be aware that prolonged discussion between believers and non-believers of the fact that 2+2=5 particularly in regards to it being 4 is not for this thread. (And you will be reported as a troll if you do).

Also, be aware that "certain discussions", perhaps related to the fact that 2+2=5 is not compatible with English Law should be restricted to (secret) personal discussions.

Spoiler

Please stay on topic, keep the conversation related to the thread and make it beneficial for us. May the numbers be with you.

For non believers here is a quick recap of our beliefs:

Spoiler

As we said this is a thread for believers and non-believers but if you are a non-believer please don't argue against our beliefs or you will be banned for 24 hours and reported for trolling.

Thank you and welcome. Please keep discussion civil.

May the numbers be with you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ouch, my brain...
Q: Is this the most ham-fisted satire in the history of TSR?

A: yes
2+2 = 4 follows from the earliest mathematical axioms. It's not our fault that the integers and their operations were defined in such a way.
#That'sNotMe
Reply 5
Original post by Norfolkadam
Q: Is this the most ham-fisted satire in the history of TSR?

Can I remind you of the rules of this thread? I don't want to have to report you for trolling.

May the numbers be with you friend.
Original post by noobynoo
Welcome to the greatest thread on TSR.

May the numbers be with you.

I'm a non-believer but won't try to change your mind.
You've been brainwashed by the ministry of truth so there's nothing I can do to convince you.
Reply 7
Original post by Indeterminate
2+2 = 4 follows from the earliest mathematical axioms. It's not our fault that the integers and their operations were defined in such a way.

How do you explain the fact that it was written on a stone tablet 5000 years ago that 2+2=5? As such it is an absolute fact of nature that no amount of logic can undo.

Also. Although we welcome non-believers please see regarding the rules about trolling.
Reply 8
It amazes me someone has actually gone to the length to write that.
2+2 obviously = 5.

I don't know what the non-believers are thinking. Like, look at the world around you. How could 2+2=4??

Repent sis srsly.
Reply 10
Original post by AdamCee
It amazes me someone has actually gone to the length to write that.

Welcome friend to the greatest thread on TSR. May the numbers be with you.
You're indoctrinated

2+2 is not 5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by clh_hilary
2+2 obviously = 5.

I don't know what the non-believers are thinking. Like, look at the world around you. How could 2+2=4??

Repent sis srsly.

Exactly. Its as obvious as the 5 fingers and a thumb on my hand.
How do you explain the fact that it was written on a stone tablet 5000 years ago that 2+2=5? As such it is an absolute fact of nature that no amount of logic can undo.

Also. Although we welcome non-believers please see regarding the rules about trolling.

Where's the proof that it was written on a stone tablet about 5000 years ago? I am not required to give an explanation unless you can prove that 2+2=5 is an "absolute fact of nature".
Exactly. Its as obvious as the 5 fingers and a thumb on my hand.

ikr.

If 2+2 =/= 5, who made that ancient crafting?

How could birds fly?

Why would it be possible to type that on my laptop?

lbr I don't even think the non-believers could sleep at night. If they don't believe in this, where do they get their sense of what's right or wrong from?
I appreciate this belief systems disdain for the dark art of mathematics, but with a little bit of jigery pokery, there is a way to mathematically prove that 2+2=5.

If it pleases the faith, I can see that the proof is brought before your eyes...
Reply 16
May I remind people that this thread is a society not a discussion thread. It is a society for people who believe that 2+2=5 and friends to share our beliefs. People who continually try to challenge our beliefs will be reported for trolling and banned for 24 hours.
Original post by Indeterminate
Where's the proof that it was written on a stone tablet about 5000 years ago? I am not required to give an explanation unless you can prove that 2+2=5 is an "absolute fact of nature".

If it never existed, why would anyone claims that it does??
2+2=x
x^2 = 4+4
x^2-bx = 16-bx
x^2-bx+c= c+16-bx
find the discrimant = b^2-4ac
x^2-4(16)c = x^2-64
x^2-64<0
-8<x<8
Therefore
x = 5
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Green ranger
2+2=x
x^2 = 4+4
x^2-bx = 16-bx
x^2-bx+c= c+16-bx
find the discrimant = b^2-4ac
x^2-4(16)c = x^2-64
x^2-64<0
-8<x<8
Therefore
x = 5

You see. Even though I don't understand anything you've written. That fact that you proved that 2+2=5 means it is definitely 100% true. All the so-called mathematicians should study what you've done so they can see how wrong they are.

Quick Reply

Latest