The Student Room Group

I get so nervous when I call him...

This tends to happen whenever I like someone. I'll spend ages pondering on the thought of calling him, I'll decide on a specific time to call him, then when the time approaches I chicken out. In this time I'll think about my call funny to voicemail or him not answering or being busy or something. Tell me I'm not the only one this happens to!?! For as long as I can remember it's been like this for me. I just need to pick up the phone... It's not even that deep
Reply 1
Going** not funny lol
Reply 2
Just text him instead?
Reply 3
Original post by Arkasia
Just text him instead?

We do this every other day. It gets boring, we haven't spoken on that phone in like two weeks
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
We do this every other day. It gets boring, we haven't spoken on that phone in like two weeks

Have you tried speaking to him in person?
Reply 5
Original post by Arkasia
Have you tried speaking to him in person?

About me being nervous? Or in general? We haven't seen each other in over month (I have an issue with this) but don't wanna sound needy bringing it up. So the ball is in his court on this one, since I asked about meeting up last week, he said he was busy with decorators so left it at that.
Reply 6
About me being nervous? Or in general? We haven't seen each other in over month (I have an issue with this) but don't wanna sound needy bringing it up. So the ball is in his court on this one, since I asked about meeting up last week, he said he was busy with decorators so left it at that.

Both, and I understand what you mean, I am exactly like that with this girl I know.
Reply 7
This tends to happen whenever I like someone. I'll spend ages pondering on the thought of calling him, I'll decide on a specific time to call him, then when the time approaches I chicken out. In this time I'll think about my call funny to voicemail or him not answering or being busy or something. Tell me I'm not the only one this happens to!?! For as long as I can remember it's been like this for me. I just need to pick up the phone... It's not even that deep

You are not the only one haha.
Reply 8
Original post by Arkasia
Both, and I understand what you mean, I am exactly like that with this girl I know.

What are you planning to do?
Reply 9
Original post by pagorai
You are not the only one haha.

Good to know :smile: do you think I should just call him?
What are you planning to do?

Absolutely nothing, I worked out what my problem is, and decided that there is a sound enough reason behind it. Still though, you should definitely tell him, it won't be 'needy' at all.
How many times do you talk to these guys? Don't you feel fine after spending more time with them??
Good to know :smile: do you think I should just call him?

Definitely, insecurities have prevented me from taking lots of good opportunities. I suggest you to "Just do it"!!!! We never know, he could be a "gem" worth keeping. :wink:
Original post by Arkasia
Absolutely nothing, I worked out what my problem is, and decided that there is a sound enough reason behind it. Still though, you should definitely tell him, it won't be 'needy' at all.

Ah okay. I hope not, in the beginning he said we should make more time for each other. This didn't happen though but when the time is right I'll slip it in :smile:

Original post by ZolaCFC25
How many times do you talk to these guys? Don't you feel fine after spending more time with them??

I talk to this guy in particular every other day via text. When we spend time together it does ease my nerves a bit, however I don't see him much so it feels like I take two steps back during the time we don't see each other.
Ah okay. I hope not, in the beginning he said we should make more time for each other. This didn't happen though but when the time is right I'll slip it in :smile:

I talk to this guy in particular every other day via text. When we spend time together it does ease my nerves a bit, however I don't see him much so it feels like I take two steps back during the time we don't see each other.

'When we spend time together it does ease my nerves a bit, however I don't see him much so it feels like I take two steps back during the time we don't see each other.' I relate. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending