The Student Room Group

Gone over the limit !!

I've gone over the word count by about 250 words and im struggling to condese come parts as i dont want to loose any important content i just see thing that i could add !!!

:confused::confused::confused:

Any Advice ???
Ah that is painful! I don't have any advice apart from it is possible, my friends friend stupidly got her cousework word limit wrong and came out with 150,000 words instead of 1500 so that must have been fun for her to reduce! I would say lose any extra ands or any irrelevant words that you may have used to sound fancy :smile: goodluck
Reply 2
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Ah that is painful! I don't have any advice apart from it is possible, my friends friend stupidly got her cousework word limit wrong and came out with 150,000 words instead of 1500 so that must have been fun for her to reduce! I would say lose any extra ands or any irrelevant words that you may have used to sound fancy :smile: goodluck

Thank you

150,000 to 1500 woooooow thats crazy i thought 250 words over was alot

150,000 words is a getting on for a couple of novels. Are you sure she didn't mean 15,000?
Original post by ageshallnot
150,000 words is a getting on for a couple of novels. Are you sure she didn't mean 15,000?

No I really do mean 1,500 words lol. I have no idea how she got it mixed up but she did.
Original post by zakourad
Thank you

150,000 to 1500 woooooow thats crazy i thought 250 words over was alot

haha your fine! :tongue:
No I really do mean 1,500 words lol. I have no idea how she got it mixed up but she did.

Edit?
Try just shortening down the longer sentences and deleting unnecessary words. If it is still over try just deleting the odd sentence. 250 words is probably just a sentence a paragraph. I went 2300 words over originally so your shouldn't be too difficult. Also ensure that you are aiming for the maximum rather than minimum word count.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending