The Student Room Group

AQA B NEA help!!!

Hi, I'm in year 12 and we're starting to study the critical anthology for our coursework. Any relevant help at all would be appreciated! If anyone has any past answers I could look at, or any tips. I was thinking of choosing 'One hundred years of solitude', 'The bell jar', 'The picture of Dorian Gray', or 'A clockwork orange' and wanted to know what anyone though of those choices? I can't decide on one, and I can't decide which critical view is best to do..

Please help!! :') Any advice at all would be really appreciated!!
Reply 1
Original post by cutelittlecherub
Hi, I'm in year 12 and we're starting to study the critical anthology for our coursework. Any relevant help at all would be appreciated! If anyone has any past answers I could look at, or any tips. I was thinking of choosing 'One hundred years of solitude', 'The bell jar', 'The picture of Dorian Gray', or 'A clockwork orange' and wanted to know what anyone though of those choices? I can't decide on one, and I can't decide which critical view is best to do..

Please help!! :') Any advice at all would be really appreciated!!

Hey! I was going to do The Bell Jar for my NEA and do a feminist view, but after reading it (for me) i just didn’t enjoy it much - but feminist is the view i would have gone for it i did go ahead with it! In the end i’ve ended up choosing Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.

I may be able to get an example of a grade A NEA answer, but i’d have to get permission first as it’s not my work but it was used as part of the examples in my class (:

For sites to help with the NEA, LitCharts is really good! (some sections are limited though without a subscription which itself is a little pricey it’s about £8 a month, but you can download PDFs with the membership and it’ll stay in your files even after you cancel the membership).
I will also say it’s best to get NEA over and done with a sooner rather than later, you don’t want to be having to write it all and edit loads close to your exam when you should be spending time revising instead (:

I hope i was able to help in some way!! Good Luck writing it!!
Original post by loulai_
Hey! I was going to do The Bell Jar for my NEA and do a feminist view, but after reading it (for me) i just didn’t enjoy it much - but feminist is the view i would have gone for it i did go ahead with it! In the end i’ve ended up choosing Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.

I may be able to get an example of a grade A NEA answer, but i’d have to get permission first as it’s not my work but it was used as part of the examples in my class (:

For sites to help with the NEA, LitCharts is really good! (some sections are limited though without a subscription which itself is a little pricey it’s about £8 a month, but you can download PDFs with the membership and it’ll stay in your files even after you cancel the membership).
I will also say it’s best to get NEA over and done with a sooner rather than later, you don’t want to be having to write it all and edit loads close to your exam when you should be spending time revising instead (:

I hope i was able to help in some way!! Good Luck writing it!!

This is really helpful thankyou!! I’m re-reading the bell jar to see if i’m interested in doing it lol. If you could get the example that would be amazing!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending