The Student Room Group

Applied ICT June 2015 Unit 7

Scroll to see replies

can anyone please comment on my solution?

Original post by jesscit15
This is my solution....please comment
Does anyone have less than 5/6 tables?
Reply 42
I did have one that was 4 tables but I was told that I should add more so now I have 5

This was my old one before I changed it --

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's exactly the same as what I'm working on
Reply 44
Anyone going to create a google drive for this exam??...
Reply 45
Original post by TopNeal
Anyone going to create a google drive for this exam??...

I would but I don't really know how--- so I think I'll let someone more efficient do that haha :confused:
Reply 46
Original post by jesscit15
can anyone please comment on my solution?

It looks possibly correct to me-- perhaps add a few composite key's in the issues table? such as 'date' 'studentID'?

Also, there's been a debate in my class to whether there should be different tables for tutor and teachers or they should be placed in the same table under staff and have a 'staff description' field to tell the user what their position is. Don't take my word as fact though as I think it's just a guessing game at the moment :/ :smile:
Thanks Holly, I have actually thought of having a single table for both teacher and tutor too.
Perhaps that could be one of the solution too.
Thanks so much for commenting and sharing.:smile:

Original post by HollyMP
It looks possibly correct to me-- perhaps add a few composite key's in the issues table? such as 'date' 'studentID'?

Also, there's been a debate in my class to whether there should be different tables for tutor and teachers or they should be placed in the same table under staff and have a 'staff description' field to tell the user what their position is. Don't take my word as fact though as I think it's just a guessing game at the moment :/ :smile:
do you think the login form will be based on a query or macro?
Original post by cloudclaudia
do you think the login form will be based on a query or macro?

Probably a macro which is linked to a query.
how are people thinking that the login would work? Are people going to use macros or are they going to try and use a query to link back to a lookup table, but without using VBA? And then how are people going to display the right user details for the tutors when they log in?
Reply 51
Macro would be easier like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the crappy photo hopefully I will have a screen shot of it soon
Original post by HollyMP
Macro would be easier like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the crappy photo hopefully I will have a screen shot of it soon

Nice Solution could you possibly upload a printscreen either with the button (printscreen) then cropped on Publisher or use a snipping tool to save a Jpg?
Reply 53
I agree that the teacher and tutor may well be in the same able called staff?
Reply 54
Yeah sure as soon as I get the screen print ill upload it on here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HollyMP
Yeah sure as soon as I get the screen print ill upload it on here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks. Have you any idea how to "display personal details" when the form is first opened? Again is this a DLookup back to login form? or a Select query sub form. Have you been advised to not touch VBA?
does anyone know how this exam will be structured???
Reply 57
Original post by HelpusPleasus
Okay thanks. Have you any idea how to "display personal details" when the form is first opened? Again is this a DLookup back to login form? or a Select query sub form. Have you been advised to not touch VBA?

I haven't got around to that yet I think it can be done either way but I think a sub form select query would be possible as you could link the criteria in the query to the text in the login e.g. Their Id and bring up the details accordingly from the table. I'm not sure though I'm still working on the relationships and login macro. I'll let you know anything I find out..

I haven't been told anything but I think it wouldn't be advised

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by robwjunior
does anyone know how this exam will be structured???

How do you mean? Like relationships in the table or ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Do you think the subject in the scenario is a red herring by the examiners or something that should be taken into account ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending