The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Adult Nursing Salisbury

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellasi
Hi everyone,
Just wondering as I've applied for adult nursing at BU also.
If I got placed in Salisbury, or any far away placements- and I took a car to university with me, is there any chance I could live in Bournemouth and just drive to placement when necessary?
Also, how long are you in Salisbury for? 1 year? The whole 3 years? Or do you move from Salisbury after a short period???

If you do get placed as Salisbury, like I have been, then I'm considering looking into a house share in Bournemouth or the nursing accommodation and commuting to placement, so let me know! I was disappointed to be placed in Salisbury as it is so close to home but trying to make the most out of the situation.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Hi there,

I have also been offered a placement at Salisbury for adult Nursing. I'm just waiting on 2 more uni interviews before I can accept my offer! I'm hoping Salisbury won't be too bad to live...
Original post by chloeamber23
I'm glad to hear others are in the same boat! My first choice is Oxford brookes, but if I don't get the grade il be going BU. I really liked BU and I'm sligtly older so sailsbury won't be too bad as gives me the oppertunity to put the degree first, it's just a little dissapointing as living away from bmth. I would defiantly have to live in sailsbury rather than bournmouth as wouldn't be able to get to placements. I do know it's a very good trust. I'm sure it will be fine. Someone said on here that they were worried and it worked out well for them. May see you in September. Good luck.

Hey Chloeamber23,

I am also an older student, which I find quite nerve wracking! And yes I am hoping we won't be isolated if we live in Salisbury!!!!
Hello, I have been offered a place in Salisbury (under Bouremouth Uni) for Adult Nursing. I'm worried about where the placements and where they will be as the website doest tell me a lot and mentions Somerset! can anyone help? many thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 24
Hi, I have been given salisbury as my placement too! i was given feb 2017 intake but they've told me that they are pretty certain they have room for me to start in september! So hopefully see some of you around! Are you going to move into the salisbury hospital accommodation? I was thinking living in bournemouth too as more going on as it's more lively but i can see why you need to live in salisbury :smile:
Original post by omr1995
Hi, I have been given salisbury as my placement too! i was given feb 2017 intake but they've told me that they are pretty certain they have room for me to start in september! So hopefully see some of you around! Are you going to move into the salisbury hospital accommodation? I was thinking living in bournemouth too as more going on as it's more lively but i can see why you need to live in salisbury :smile:

Hi Omr1995!

My name is Patricia and I'm a current BU student. Congratulations on your placement!

I understand the decision on whether to move near the placement can be a bit difficult. However, just remember you *potentially* will be based in Salisbury (this is if you decide to move there) however, some of your course will be taught at the lansdowne campus and therefore, there is still plenty of opportunity to visit bournemouth and also have the convenience of living near your placement!

Also as BU recognises that the travel can involve quite a bit of costs they do have a bus service which takes students to and from Salisbury to Bournemouth. Also they have a reimbursement scheme which might be helpful to look at >here<

Hope this makes the decision a bit easier! If you have any other questions just pop me a message.

Good Luck!
Patricia :biggrin:
Hello.I'm just wondering how many people have taken a car to uni? It will be for adult nursing, I have an interview next month, but how easy is it to get around the places with out a car, especially if you have to go around the community? Thanks. Kel.
Hey, so has anyone else got their acceptance for Bournemouth University? I am still awaiting on UCAS but it has been confirmed by the Uni that I will have a place and that I will be situated at Salisbury. I am a mature student taking up hospital accommodation, as went to view it this week just gone, and it is quite nice for £320 a month!! Is anyone else going to take up hospital accommodation??
Reply 28
Original post by yldavid88
Hey, so has anyone else got their acceptance for Bournemouth University? I am still awaiting on UCAS but it has been confirmed by the Uni that I will have a place and that I will be situated at Salisbury. I am a mature student taking up hospital accommodation, as went to view it this week just gone, and it is quite nice for £320 a month!! Is anyone else going to take up hospital accommodation??

I am, i went and looked at it about a month ago! it's really nice! are you doing adult nursing? :smile:
Original post by omr1995
I am, i went and looked at it about a month ago! it's really nice! are you doing adult nursing? :smile:

Yes i am studying Adult Nursing. im 28 so a bit nervous at being older though...
Hi all
I've been offered a place for sept 17 intake which I've accepted and been offered Salisbury placement I've got the forms to apply for the hospital accomodation but they couldn't give me any details of the rooms or price or when I would find out if application has been accepted I don't even know how to get from Salisbury to the uni either is there any advice anyone can give me please greatly appreciate any help x
Reply 31
Original post by Xxrachann85xx
Hi all
I've been offered a place for sept 17 intake which I've accepted and been offered Salisbury placement I've got the forms to apply for the hospital accomodation but they couldn't give me any details of the rooms or price or when I would find out if application has been accepted I don't even know how to get from Salisbury to the uni either is there any advice anyone can give me please greatly appreciate any help x

Where did they tell you your placement locality? I don't know where mine is yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellaxxx
Where did they tell you your placement locality? I don't know where mine is yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Ella,

This will simply be stated on your offer letter, if you have any issues with this you can always call us at Future Students on 01202 961916.

Hope this helps. Future Students.
Reply 33
Hi, do you still live in Salisbury hospital accommodation? I am transferring into year two and I am so worried about have Salisbury as my placement location!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending