The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL or Warwick ???

Scroll to see replies

Employment prospects are equal for economics, honestly you guys can argue about rankings all you want but the only difference it's going to make as far as getting a job is that it's easier to do internships and attend interviews when you're already living in London. I cant argue either way for the course as I haven't done either yet, but I can say that Warwick isn't right for everybody and neither is London. Pick what suits you.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 81
I am an international student and I have never even heard of Warwick before I joined TSR...
Reply 82
LOL
Reply 83
This is what i mean
If you have to work overseas which is more likely these days
Warwick is not known :<
Original post by iSL97
I am an international student and I have never even heard of Warwick before I joined TSR...

Lol.:biggrin:
Original post by iSL97

:biggrin: hahah
Reply 87
Original post by PeterHenfield
Same problem here! I've got Econ offers from both, so I need to insure UCL or Warwick. (Firmed Cbridge, Trinity). I think I'm going to go for Warwick- most of the second year students I talked to at my interview told me to pick either, so I'm basing my choice now solely on how the lectures, tutorials and seminars are. However, I want to stay in London! I can't be asked to move out :frown: I dont know. AHHHH. Love them both. But yeah, I guess I'm going for Warwick XD

If i didn't get LSE I'd choose Warwick just because i love its "campus feel". UCL is nice but it is too similar to lse lol
Original post by Djangoo
Why do you think this?

do you think lse econ and Manchester econ require the same level of effort to get a 2.1?
Original post by ShafTJB
Why is there a parent speaking on behalf of their child, that is so embarrassing and sad.

I find that really strange too. And how he keeps on going on and on about his son as though he's god's gift..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Yawn baba
Original post by AQUF42
Yawn baba

are you really a parent or even an adult? you make incoherent five word responses trying to be witty but failing?
Reply 92
Hmmmmmmm
UCL over Warwick; although for maths and engineering Warwick wins, but UCL is very strong in Architecture , Law, Economics, English, Fine Art, Medicine, European Social and Political Studies.
Original post by 96jaimin96
UCL over Warwick; although for maths and engineering Warwick wins, but UCL is very strong in Architecture , Law, Economics, English, Fine Art, Medicine, European Social and Political Studies.

Isn't warwick terrible for engineering? Its dept is really...insignificant
Original post by iPixelBlue
Isn't warwick terrible for engineering? Its dept is really...insignificant

Fine just for Maths then, I don't remember but somebody was saying how Warwick was a STEM powerhouse, so I assumed and also UCL doesn't have the best rep in engineering.
UCL econ vs Warwick A&F???????
Original post by tazza ma razza

UCL obv
Original post by tazza ma razza

depends on so many things. gap is not as big as people would like you to believe, ucl econ is better. do you want to be in london? i rejjed ucl for warwick, was no problem, if you plan to work in the uk both are seen exactly the same, with warwick getting more grads in finance for the last few years, regardless of what some on here want you to think. if youre not bothered about location, do ucl econ. if you plan on doing lots of ecs and want more free time, a and f.
Original post by 96jaimin96
Fine just for Maths then, I don't remember but somebody was saying how Warwick was a STEM powerhouse, so I assumed and also UCL doesn't have the best rep in engineering.

That is what I would have thought too but extremely surprisingly, UCL, KCL and even Queen Mary beat Warwick, in regards to quality, in the recent REF assessment.

They 5th, 6th, and 7th respectively. While Warwick was 16th.

To cut the long story short, Warwick didn't shine as expected in Engineering.

In the core STEM areas, it really only shined in Computer Science, Maths and Economics. It was just good in the rest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending