Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vortex98
Course: Mechanical Engineering
IGCSE: 8A* 1A
IB (predicted): 40/42
Country - India
Do I have a chance?

oh hey India buddy!

You have a very good chance with your grades, plus UCL is a cash cow and love international applicants so there's that. What other unis are you applying to?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Course: Biomedical Science
GCSE: 6A* 6A 1B
AS-Level: AAAB -chem, bio, psych, maths respectively
A-Level: A*AA (predicted)- chem, bio, psych
Further Details: attended UCL Neuroscience Masterclass

Think i've got a chance?

Plus, anyone else applying for Biomed?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by theonetruequeen
oh hey India buddy!

You have a very good chance with your grades, plus UCL is a cash cow and love international applicants so there's that. What other unis are you applying to?

Yo!!
Im applying to Imperial for Engineering and Engineering with a Year abroad, Cambridge for Engineering and Machester for Mechanical..
How long does UCL take to decide?? :P
Where are you applying?
Original post by Riverstar
(I'm not 100% sure if I will apply or not)

Course: Classics
National 5: 7 As and a C
Higher: 4 As and a C
Advanced Higher: Classical Studies, Latin and History, predicted 3 As
Extra Details: Voluntary teacher teaching Latin at a Primary school, lots of extra reading.

Hey!
I dunno much about the admission but Latin! Wow! Its an awesome language mate
Original post by redhead97

Think i've got a chance?

Applying to same course as you. Keep in touch if you get an offer !
AS-Level AAAAA (bio chem math phy arabic)
A2-Pred A*A*A*A
However my PS is medicine so I might be in a bit of disadvantage.
Yo!!
Im applying to Imperial for Engineering and Engineering with a Year abroad, Cambridge for Engineering and Machester for Mechanical..
How long does UCL take to decide?? :P
Where are you applying?

Engineering and Engineering? :tongue:

UCL takes a while, as per what I've heard, since the engineering deadline is so late (15 Jan!) but I think we'll hear from them by late December at least if not earlier.

Other than UCL Civil MEng I'm applying for Civil & environmental MEng at Imperial, Engineering at Oxford, Energy Engineering at Exeter for sure. I'm still torn between Warwick and Bath for my fifth choice :redface: Have you had any offers yet?
Original post by Cadherin
I self-studied - my school were happy for me to do it. I really wasn't expecting the grade or mark I got tbh, ended up with 240/300 at AS and 300/300 at A2.

Nice to see another med hopeful! Where else are you applying and how's your BMAT prep going? I'm just slogging through past paper after past paper and it's getting so tedious... S2 is ok but I fear S1 will be my downfall... :frown:

That's fantastic! It doesn't get much better than that :smile:. Does that mean the A* is accounted for or do you still need to take 3 separate A-levels in the 'normal 2 year period'?

Yep always great to see another medic :tongue:, I'm going for UCL, Birmingham, Cardiff and Southampton with UCL definitely being my first choice and BMAT prep is going ok, it's just very tedious as you say :/. I quite enjoy the essay but section 1 is just such a slog. Have you got the CGP guide for material for section 2?

Where else are you applying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redhead97

Think i've got a chance?

Yep I'm applying for Biomed aswell :smile: but I have a medicine personal statement so unsure of my chances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Engineering and Engineering? :tongue:

UCL takes a while, as per what I've heard, since the engineering deadline is so late (15 Jan!) but I think we'll hear from them by late December at least if not earlier.

Other than UCL Civil MEng I'm applying for Civil & environmental MEng at Imperial, Engineering at Oxford, Energy Engineering at Exeter for sure. I'm still torn between Warwick and Bath for my fifth choice :redface: Have you had any offers yet?

Haven't! But considering I applied on tuesday, I am optimistic. (trying to)
Feels like I'm the only international applicant in this thread ! :biggrin:

Applying for Modern Languages Plus : English and French. Predicted an overall of 17/20 at the French baccalaureate with 20 in English language and literature. :3
Original post by nurav11
That's fantastic! It doesn't get much better than that :smile:. Does that mean the A* is accounted for or do you still need to take 3 separate A-levels in the 'normal 2 year period'?

Yep always great to see another medic :tongue:, I'm going for UCL, Birmingham, Cardiff and Southampton with UCL definitely being my first choice and BMAT prep is going ok, it's just very tedious as you say :/. I quite enjoy the essay but section 1 is just such a slog. Have you got the CGP guide for material for section 2?

Where else are you applying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford (Oriel College), Imperial, Imperial, UCL and King's for me (yes I love London haha!).

Didn't know there was a CGP guide! I'll get one as they're very good. Although past papers are a must for me above everything else. How was your UKCAT? Mine was pretty average at 2530. 470 in the stupid decision analysis brought it down...

No, I still need to take 3+ separate A-levels in the same academic year. In a way I'm happy about that as it will hopefully boost my GCSEs, which aren't good for Oxford.

Good choices! I have a friend at Cardiff doing med and she absolutely loves it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Haven't! But considering I applied on tuesday, I am optimistic. (trying to)

Ah, I applied last Sunday. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tamara98
Feels like I'm the only international applicant in this thread ! :biggrin:

Applying for Modern Languages Plus : English and French. Predicted an overall of 17/20 at the French baccalaureate with 20 in English language and literature. :3

You're not alone, I'm an international applicant too :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im here tooooo
Ah, I applied last Sunday. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you gotten any replies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too ! I see you've also applied to Oxford, I did as well. I'll just nervously sit in my corner trying to study for the required tests :')
Have you gotten any replies?

Nahh :frown: three of my classmates have interviews/offers from top notch unis though which makes me super nervous, but it's probably because they sent in their UCAS way before I did (mid-september I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nahh :frown: three of my classmates have interviews/offers from top notch unis though which makes me super nervous, but it's probably because they sent in their UCAS way before I did (mid-september I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just hope we get in .... how much time will it take :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Im here tooooo

Let's do ittttt
I just hope we get in .... how much time will it take :frown:

Don't worry, we will :smile: do PM me if you hear anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending