The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Metrododo
Sent my application last Thursday for Economics and Economics & Business with Eastern European Studies and got invited to access Portico earlier today :smile: Do they generally take long to reply after that or it depends? Anyone else heard back in terms of offers from these two?

I applied for the same course and I haven't got the result :frown: May I know your forecasted grades and how many subjects did u take for AS? :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by jihye
I applied for the same course and I haven't got the result :frown: May I know your forecasted grades and how many subjects did u take for AS? :smile:

I'm kind of a rare case, sat my French Baccalaureate last year. But in terms of grades it's equivalent to A*A*A for A level (we don't have AS/GSCE equivalents :tongue:) with an A* in maths :smile: when did you apply?
Also I realise I sent mine quite late but had to wait for my reference...

Posted from TSR Mobile
interview for architecture... today!!
Original post by sh0rney
interview for architecture... today!!

Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Metrododo

thank you!
If I repeated year 12, do I realistically have any chance of getting an offer for the BEng in Chemical Engineering? I'm predicted 3 A's.
Original post by arch0wnz
If I repeated year 12, do I realistically have any chance of getting an offer for the BEng in Chemical Engineering? I'm predicted 3 A's.

Yes you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1987
Will I hear about the UCL questionnaire before or after getting an offer? Should I be checking portico or UCAS track? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Princepieman

Thank you, how do you know though? I spoke to their undergraduate admissions team and they said they'd favour candidates who had not repeated the year over my application so I would be given a lower priority.
Thank you, how do you know though? I spoke to their undergraduate admissions team and they said they'd favour candidates who had not repeated the year over my application so I would be given a lower priority.

I got an offer from them.. After a dreadlful previous academic year.

'They prefer' is not the same as 'they require'.
Original post by Princepieman
I got an offer from them.. After a dreadlful previous academic year.

'They prefer' is not the same as 'they require'.

Hopefully they give me an offer but yeah, which course did you apply for? Or was it Chem Eng?
Hopefully they give me an offer but yeah, which course did you apply for? Or was it Chem Eng?

Maths and CompSci

Don't worry mate, you will.
Any Opinions on 'Management Science' & Information Management for Business degree's at UCL?
Original post by Aran2121
Any Opinions on 'Management Science' & Information Management for Business degree's at UCL?

Hi Aran2121,

Just received an offer for the latter degree course. UCL is one of the worlds greatest multidisciplinary universities so is very highly respected by employers globally.I can only speak for Information Management but it seems like an excellent degree to me with strong industrial connections. Also check out the University of Manchester if you are interested in Information Management, it's certainly impressive.

Best Regards,
Reply 1994
Did you just get the offer? Or earlier today?
Original post by DBR247
Hi Aran2121,

Just received an offer for the latter degree course. UCL is one of the worlds greatest multidisciplinary universities so is very highly respected by employers globally.I can only speak for Information Management but it seems like an excellent degree to me with strong industrial connections. Also check out the University of Manchester if you are interested in Information Management, it's certainly impressive.

Best Regards,
Thanks for sharing your opinion in regards to the degree. I'm still waiting for a response yet, also would the Information Management for business degree at UCL be potentially good to get into Investment Banking?
Reply 1996
I have the same concern, however I have heard of a lot of people getting internships and placements at places such as Credir Suisse and Goldman Sachs, therefore there is definitely the opportunity!
Thanks for sharing your opinion in regards to the degree. I'm still waiting for a response yet, also would the Information Management for business degree at UCL be potentially good to get into Investment Banking?

That's certainly not a problem. I have seen various rankings showing UCL to be one of the best universities for a career in Investment Banking. With Canary Wharf and the City so close by, the university is ideally suited geographically and academically for a career in that particular area.

Best Regards,
Any Pharmacy applicants. Still heard nothing back as of yet. On a gap year
Has anyone got an offer for Management Science yet ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending