The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yuilk
Yayyy!! I send off my application today :smile: Have you heard anything yet? Yeah it doesn't seem like many people are applying for biological sciences (or at least they just aren't on here)

Haven't sent mine off yet... my reference is being lazy :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by fasial96.
im not too worried about economics as i am about maths and further maths. when i was school i was rubbish at maths but know i love it, all that algebra and trigonometry gives me a buzz? but every time i look at past papers it scares the **** out of me. in the summer im gonna try to learn as much as maths and further maths as possible to get me comfortable. and is 40/50 hours of study okay for all 3 a levels a week? or should i do more

Honestly AS and A2 maths isn't the best way to test if you'll like university maths, you really need to be doing the A2 further maths modules to get a taste. I'm not going to put a number on how many hours you should do but ill say that you need to nail C1, C2, C3, C4 before you move forward, it'll make your life so much easier. Then you should get onto FP1, FP2, FP3 and make sure you get the methods nailed as you will be most likely spending most of your time on those 3 modules. After that get onto your applied modules. This is the best way to do this as you need 90+% on C3, C4, FP2 and/or FP3, and 1/2 applied modules to get an A* in maths and further maths.
Original post by felecita
But late to the party but oh well...

Course: Economics
GCSE: 10A*, A in FSMQ
AS-Level: AAAAA (Maths, FM, Econ, Spanish, Physics)
A-Level: predicted A*A*A*A* (dropped Physics)

Applied on the 7th October, got an email asking me to fill in a module grade form so uploaded that to their portal thing and now waiting.

good luck man! I've applied around the same time as you, did you put your UMS on the form?
Reply 383
Original post by Pyramids y
Me too. May I ask how to upload it? Do I need to print out the attached document?

Download the word document and fill in your ums then save it with your initials added to the filename. Then go onto the UCL portal and 'upload documents' then upload it.
Is anyone applying for anthro?
Original post by Bruhh
Download the word document and fill in your ums then save it with your initials added to the filename. Then go onto the UCL portal and 'upload documents' then upload it.

Thank you:smile:
When did everyone get an email asking about UMS...I recieved my portico login about a day after my application, but it's been over a week since I've applied and haven't heard anything. Is this normal? Obviously it's a busy time for the university but was just wondering how long it took for everyone else to recieve their email.
(edited 8 years ago)
Do all applicants gets that UMS request email? Or is it just science applicants?
Original post by skyaviator23
good luck man! I've applied around the same time as you, did you put your UMS on the form?

If you mean the UCL form, i just put module grades, I thought that's what it asks for :s-smilie: and if UCAS, I didn't put them on there
Original post by BeccaBurrell
When did everyone get an email asking about UMS...I recieved my portico login about a day after my application, but it's been over a week since I've applied and haven't heard anything. Is this normal? Obviously it's a busy time for the university but was just wondering how long it took for everyone else to recieve their email.

I haven't got this either and I sent my application almost 2 weeks ago!
If you mean the UCL form, i just put module grades, I thought that's what it asks for :s-smilie: and if UCAS, I didn't put them on there

Thanks! Yeah that's the one :P I got a bit worried when everyone seems to be saying that they've been adding their UMS scores onto it aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Yeah that's the one :P I got a bit worried when everyone seems to be saying that they've been adding their UMS scores onto it aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it depends on which course you're applying for cause mine asked me to write down my Maths module names and UMS
Original post by JessWM
I haven't got this either and I sent my application almost 2 weeks ago!

I'm starting to think this may just be for specific courses such as Maths and Sciences...I've applied for History so maybe they don't request it for arts subjects 😊
I'm starting to think this may just be for specific courses such as Maths and Sciences...I've applied for History so maybe they don't request it for arts subjects 😊

Yeah I was thinking that too! This is such a nerve wrecking time, with everyone hearing different things and getting interviews/offers!

Don't think any of the medics have been asked for it yet. Perhaps it's just to check predicted grades are accurate? Like if someone got 80 UMS but was predicted A* they might think that's a bit dodgy. Or just to see your module grades, who knows :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
Don't think any of the medics have been asked for it yet. Perhaps it's just to check predicted grades are accurate? Like if someone got 80 UMS but was predicted A* they might think that's a bit dodgy. Or just to see your module grades, who knows :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I guess that might be the case! What are you applying for?
Reply 396
Hey guys, I'm an interational applicant from Austria.
I've applied for Economics at Ox, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Edinburgh (cause I've a friend up there).

They've sent me the document where you can fill in your grades as well, but here in Austria, we don't have modules at all, we're having our A-Levels in subjects.
Additionally, we don't have anything like GCSE or AS, we just have the A levels in May (written) / June (orally). I'm predicted 1.0, which is the best possible.

Shall I write that to UCL or do you think it is sufficent if I just don't do anything since they're telling you that in the Mail with the document?

Thank you in advance!
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, I guess that might be the case! What are you applying for?

Medicine :smile:, it'll be a long wait for us tbf so I'm not expecting any information from them until at least the BMAT is done. Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PeZoR
Hey guys, I'm an interational applicant from Austria.
I've applied for Economics at Ox, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Edinburgh (cause I've a friend up there).

They've sent me the document where you can fill in your grades as well, but here in Austria, we don't have modules at all, we're having our A-Levels in subjects.
Additionally, we don't have anything like GCSE or AS, we just have the A levels in May (written) / June (orally). I'm predicted 1.0, which is the best possible.

Shall I write that to UCL or do you think it is sufficent if I just don't do anything since they're telling you that in the Mail with the document?

Thank you in advance!

Definitely email them and find out, you don't want to leave these things up to chance! They'll understand if you explain your situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I was freaking out a little :lol:

Original post by the-anonymous-me
I think it depends on which course you're applying for cause mine asked me to write down my Maths module names and UMS

Yeah it probably will do, I checked the Economics one again and it definitely just asked for module grades :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending