The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leftchr
Does it also say this?
Application ReceivedMany thanks for applying to UCL. We were pleased to receive your application which is now being considered. Our degree programmes attract a large number of well qualified applicants so it may be some time before we can give you a decision. We shall, however, endeavour to consider your application as quickly as we can.

You will be contacted again regarding the progress of your application. This may take the form of a request for further information, an invitation to an Open and/or Interview Day, or notification of our final decision. In the event that your application should prove to be unsuccessful, this notification will come direct from UCAS.

Yes, it's been like this since my application was sent off more than a month ago.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Pizzicato
Yes, it's been like this since my application was sent off more than a month ago.

And i thought I am going to receive a decision soon... :frown: im so impatient :tongue:
does ucl really take this long? I applied on the 9th October for msci physics and have got offers/interviews/updates from other unis..
Reply 1383
Hey guys, I sent my application off on Thursday but I haven't had any recognition emails or anything? Do I need a password and login to check the stage my application is at or something? Thanks, sorry if this is a dumb question I'm just panicking 😓
Original post by BlazeMonkey
does ucl really take this long? I applied on the 9th October for msci physics and have got offers/interviews/updates from other unis..

I have no idea buddy. Even though i applied for a completely different course i think is up to each department. Some offers have been given out already. Tbh i thought until xmas they would start giving offers, but im starting doubting that
Original post by AW97
Hey guys, I sent my application off on Thursday but I haven't had any recognition emails or anything? Do I need a password and login to check the stage my application is at or something? Thanks, sorry if this is a dumb question I'm just panicking 😓

I dont think that there is a reason to worry.. just give them little time to process your application.. you will receive the acknowledgment mail any time soon.. tomorrow I guess... they will also tell you to register to their personal portal so you can track your application through there.. but before you do that you should receive a specific token
Original post by h3110
I'm applying to Social Sciences and Social Sciences with Quantitative Methods at UCL

Finally someone. What were your predicted grades? What else did you apply for?
Original post by leftchr
And i thought I am going to receive a decision soon... :frown: im so impatient :tongue:

When did you send off your application? Some people I know who applied at a similar time to me have already got offers, so I'm getting impatient too:colondollar: But I suppose there's nothing to worry about really...
Has anyone applied for The History and Philosophy of Science?

I sent my application off over a month ago and I received an email asking me to write a revised personal statement as my original personal statement is predominately Medicine as I am applying for Medicine at four other universities. I sent my 'new' personal statement 3 weeks ago and received a positive reply from one of the lecturers and was told that they would be passing it to their colleges for a second opinion and I should hear soon.

3 weeks later and nothing... :afraid:
Original post by Jalouise
Has anyone applied for The History and Philosophy of Science?

I sent my application off over a month ago and I received an email asking me to write a revised personal statement as my original personal statement is predominately Medicine as I am applying for Medicine at four other universities. I sent my 'new' personal statement 3 weeks ago and received a positive reply from one of the lecturers and was told that they would be passing it to their colleges for a second opinion and I should hear soon.

3 weeks later and nothing... :afraid:

I'd try contacting them about it tomorrow if i was you, but don't over worry about it most people including myself have been waiting for a long time to get any responses
I cannot get onto the portal. It will not let me create a password! Keeps saying it's not strong enough
When did you send off your application? Some people I know who applied at a similar time to me have already got offers, so I'm getting impatient too:colondollar: But I suppose there's nothing to worry about really...

Hehe i sent off my application before 1 and a half week (4th November). Yes me too! I heard from so many people that had responses and I have nothing! Im feeling you buddy! Im impatient too! But yeah we shouldnt be worried :biggrin:
Original post by leftchr
Hehe i sent off my application before 1 and a half week (4th November). Yes me too! I heard from so many people that had responses and I have nothing! Im feeling you buddy! Im impatient too! But yeah we shouldnt be worried :biggrin:

Yeah what should come will come eventually:wink: Although I do wish I could hear from them before my Cambridge interview:colondollar: What course did you apply for? I applied for straight philosophy and a person in my school who applied for the same course has already got an offer from UCL - that's why I'm getting anxious lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah what should come will come eventually:wink: Although I do wish I could hear from them before my Cambridge interview:colondollar: What course did you apply for? I applied for straight philosophy and a person in my school who applied for the same course has already got an offer from UCL - that's why I'm getting anxious lol

You should be a brilliant student since you applied at Cambridge. Well done! Im wishing you the best! Well I have applied for Management Science Bsc. Although I havent heard from anyone to receive offer for this particular course :smile:
Original post by leftchr
You should be a brilliant student since you applied at Cambridge. Well done! Im wishing you the best! Well I have applied for Management Science Bsc. Although I havent heard from anyone to receive offer for this particular course :smile:

Thank you!😊 Wish you all the best too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting quite peeved at UCL's lack of a response to my email. Anyone tried calling them? Or will they ignore that too.
I applied the 13th of october for computer science and I still haven't gotten a response. I've gotten offers from Warwick and Kings, and I really want to hear from UCL before I visit the UK in December(american student). Should I email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone's reference teacher were contacted by UCL? I am applying Geography International Programme, and my reference teacher just scheduled me to talk about UCL application tomorrow... Not sure what is happening, hope it means good sign. Do they interview, or asked International student to submit written work for geography International? There was a red line of text in my ucas application saying that UCL may asked me to interview or submit written work.
Original post by prndl2
Does anyone's reference teacher were contacted by UCL? I am applying Geography International Programme, and my reference teacher just scheduled me to talk about UCL application tomorrow... Not sure what is happening, hope it means good sign. Do they interview, or asked International student to submit written work for geography International? There was a red line of text in my ucas application saying that UCL may asked me to interview or submit written work.

My reference was contacted by Imperial for current coursework grades(american student). She has not been contacted by UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone got an offer for chemistry who was interviewed last week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending