The Student Room Group

Achy shoulder - any advice?

Hmm well started a few weeks ago I think where I was probably overstraining my shoulders carrying a load of heavy library books round! Since then I've had to be carrying other heavy stuff (well I have to get the xmas shopping done :tongue:) and one of my shoulders has been a constant source of achyness. I did pick up some one-use heat pad thingies which do help for a bit, but I can't afford them often being a student and short of money and all :eek:

So any good advice to offer?
Long soak in the bath and avoid carrying heavy objects for a few days. It'll wear off with time.
Standing with good posture may help. A tip I heard was...

"If you are standing with your palms facing inwards and feel you are not standing upright, put your arms out infront of you with your palms facing upwards, and then bring them back down to your sides".

That's supposedly the correct way to stand.
hot water bottles have the same use as the heat pad things plus they're cheaper :smile:
Reply 4
massage.... actually go to someone to give you a proper one.
if you know ur gonna be carrying some thing heavy do a couple of streches,...

but in the meantime, as someone said, a long soak in the bath usually does the trick:smile:
Reply 6
Thanks for all the advices :biggrin:

beach surf babe - We only have a shower here, so no chance of a bath! Never mind :frown: I'll try all the other suggestions.
Ah thats a shame! Well heat from a hot water bottle will be just as good. And next time-take it easy shopping :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending