The Student Room Group

Rash and possible HIV?

I'm a massive overthinker so I need to get this off of my chest but 2 weeks ago I had a 'hook up' with a guy and it was just oral sex so the risk is still relatively low. However, all of the sudden I have started this extremely itchy rash that comes and goes after few minutes. It appears on my chest, shoulders, back, neck and face. However, I took PREP on demand (2:1:1 method) but what worries me is that the guy told me that he prefers to have sex without condoms and also 'boasted' about it in a way. I know the only way is to get tested but I still have to wait for at least 3 weeks for HIV to be detectable and I can't stop thinking about it. Other than the rash I have no other symptoms and feel completely fine. I would appreciate any advice/stories and understanding :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a massive overthinker so I need to get this off of my chest but 2 weeks ago I had a 'hook up' with a guy and it was just oral sex so the risk is still relatively low. However, all of the sudden I have started this extremely itchy rash that comes and goes after few minutes. It appears on my chest, shoulders, back, neck and face. However, I took PREP on demand (2:1:1 method) but what worries me is that the guy told me that he prefers to have sex without condoms and also 'boasted' about it in a way. I know the only way is to get tested but I still have to wait for at least 3 weeks for HIV to be detectable and I can't stop thinking about it. Other than the rash I have no other symptoms and feel completely fine. I would appreciate any advice/stories and understanding :smile:

Just be patient for the test and also wait for other symptoms such as dryness of lips and "lips" and continued rashes in thin and sensitive skin areas (underarms,face,and privates) i suggest in the future while its embarrassing you should definentley ask for blood work or even simply ask a question as most guys are either to ashamed or embarrassed to lie or try to use someone not asking as a excuse not to tell you. best luck hope you dont have the icky

Quick Reply

Latest