The Student Room Group

How long did it take you to learn to drive?

From your first lesson till your test?
It taken me 57 lessons, which was 1 year of lessons :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
About 6-7 months.
Two weeks
Original post by Sam Walters
Two weeks

How many lessons did you take? 2 weeks is incredibly short!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
How many lessons did you take? 2 weeks is incredibly short!

Posted from TSR Mobile

4. Im a petrol head so are the rest of my family
Reply 6
About 3 and a half months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
4. Im a petrol head so are the rest of my family

And you did no previous driving?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
And you did no previous driving?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Been racing for years.
Been racing for years.

Ohhh, makes sense now why you didn't need many lessons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
34 hours total, having never driven before and no outside practice. Did 28 hours to begin with (including first driving test) over the space of 4 weeks. Failed that one on what I still believe to be a questionable decision by the examiner. Did a 2 hour lesson the next week, then the next week followed with another hour before another hour on my second test, which I failed again because I screwed up, no ifs or buts. 32 hours total at that point. Then on my final test I did no more lessons beforehand and an hour beforehand, then the hour for my test, totaling 34 hours. So 31 hours of actual lessons really, but I say 34 because the tests were also driving experience that highlighted small flaws we needed to work on a bit. So from the first lesson to the test pass, it took 8 weeks.
25 hours over about 2 months. Had no previous experience, never drove outside my lessons and passed first time.
8 months, 50ish hours.

no outside praticse
Reply 13
6 weeks, 23 hours of lessons, passed first time.

No private practice, although about 5/6 years ago I practiced a bit in a friend's car till I got stopped by the police!
About a year and 5 months but I had quite large breaks during that time
1 year on the dot. Got my first lesson and my last test on my birthdays.

Failed twice with 0 minors, then passed with 7 :biggrin:
about 9 months with a 2 month break in between, about 45 lessons and no outside practice, passed first time.
Total : around 100 hours in 5 months. It did not come easy. But I got there and passed first time.
It took me 5 months to be at the point where I took my first test, this was after about 30 hours, failed, then failed my second a few weeks after and kept taking big breaks. By the time I passed it had been 12/13 months since I had my first lesson.

Howevee between my first test and the one I passed I only had a handful of lessons. Maybe about 5. And I had a practice in my own car with my dad, but he didn't like going out so again that wasn't consistent or for very long maybe 15 20 minute drives.
(edited 9 years ago)
15 hours. First lesson was in May sometime and got my licence in October with no practice outside of hours with instructor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending